GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I agree that a proper engine dyno is the only way to get a proper flywheel figure. Anything else is just educated (or not) guessing!

Congrats on the result. Sounds like a lot of power for few mods.
Did you feel the actuators added any power even with a "WG3" type remap?

I look forward to seeing your facilities in the New Year! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Wheel figures are the only ones whihc count for me anyway.

How is the relaiability at these levels? Will the car be clocking up a lot of miles? It would be interesting for prospective customers as I don't think the durability has really been tested yet?
Yes but what type of rolling road do you think produces the most accurate "at the wheels" figure? What corrections would you allow for atmospheric pressure, height above sea level, ambient temps etc?

The only legitimate use of a rolling road is to measure changes, preferably on the same day, but certainly on the same RR.

As for reliability, there are dozens of USDM GT-Rs running at "700+" whp without issues beyond clutch slip in some at the higher end of the scale. The first ones beyond 700whp have been that way for about a year now. Certainly the engines themselves seem very tough.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
The only real proof is terminal speed at the drag strip! :thumbsup:

I'm just saying one Dyno Dynamics RR might not be directly comparable to another one.

That's why I just use the same one (Surrey Rolling Road) and use it to measure differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.