GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've watched just about every dino pull video there is on YouTube, and the one I'm referring to is the US auto magazine investigation into the true power output of a standard GT-R. They used a dyno with the "run-down" function, to be able to calculate true fly wheel horses. It came out to a tranny loss of about 15%. Have a look on YouTube, and no I'm not finding it for you coz I'm at work and YouTube is blocked. :p

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
dont be fooled into thinking that run down is 100% effective, it isnt. it doesnt matter how many you tube videos you have watched.

kev
Aye, for sure. It's a lot more accurate than guessing. :)
From memory, they initially clocked 506bhp at the flywheel, guessing tranny losses. At a later date, they used a different dyno which measured 15% tranny loss, which gave 485bhp at the flywheel. A lot closer to what Nissan officially quote. All other variables of the day taken into account, this seems about as accurate as one could expect. I use a road dyno, which has been shown to be within 5% of a "tested against" rolling road. The accuracy isn't as important as being able to see if mods have improved or buggered things! LOL
It needs to be repeatable, thats all.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.