Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Open Day!

To celebrate the opening of our new facility, we will be holding our
official open day at our new 50,000 sqft facility in Rye, East Sussex, on Saturday 6th of March.

This is an open invitation to all Japanese car owners and enthusiasts to come along for the day for a relaxed and detailed insight into the world of Sumo Power. We will be
presenting our famous demonstration cars, the latest parts from suppliers and our in-house facility and of course showcasing our new and state of the art workshop facilities which are an industry first and a ‘must-see’!

All new Facilities include:
• Superflow 4WD rolling Road
• Superflow NSCR engine dyno
• Superflow flow bench
• Hunter wheel alignment system
• Full bodyshop facilities with Blackhawk chassis jig
• Dedicated engine and transmission clean rooms
• CAD/CAM design CNC machine shop
• 20-car workshop bays

There will be plenty of freebies, special offers, discount vouchers & food for people
attending including a special Sumo goodie bag! You’ll be free to look around our various race, rally, drag and fast road cars including our newest and most prestigious to date - our Nismo R35 GTR GT1 race cars which are set to be campaigned in the FIA GT World Championship by Sumo Power GT, this is your chance to see them before they start racing around the world. Our staff will be on hand to answer any questions and help you look around each department in the facility including any advise about parts or upgrades.

In addition, some of our partners and parts suppliers (even from Japan!) will be supporting the event on the day, such as HKS, Cosworth and Santa Pod Raceway so there will be plenty to see and do, making the visit worthwhile and a great day out.

Parking is plentiful and there will be security patrols in attendance. There will even be a crèche on the day as well!

For further details or to get involved please contact:

Alan Zini
Sumo Power Ltd
Harbour Road
Rye
East Sussex
TN31 7TE

Tel. +44 (0)1797 222281

Fax +44 (0)1797 225264

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Attendees

Anyone who turns up not in their Skyline will have to park on the road as inside parking is for Jap Cars only.

There will be security outside to keep an eye on the parked cars and traffic, I have also been informed the road is a safe quiet one.

Attendees:

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Chaps, you beat me to posting this :chuckle: :thumbsup:

Can't say for sure if I can make it due to work but we'll keep plugging this thread for you ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
This looks seriously cool, and I REALLY want to come to this, but it'll be costing me £40 I dont have to get there. So either it's not happening or I'll be begging my arse off. Watch this space :D

I'm back baby.:)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Quote "Anyone who turns up not in their Skyline will have to park on the road as inside parking is for Jap Cars only."

So, erm, a Subaru would be... outside as it's not a Skyline, but inside as it's a Jap car? (Just trying to be difficult!) :D

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The feedback from MiNES who attended yesterday was that they were "very impressed". I reckon it should really be something worth seeing if they think that :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Open Day

Hi,

The day is open to all Japanese cars, looks like we had a lost in translation moment above :D

If the 'club' wishes to have an official stand within the grounds of the facility, John will just need to confirm a number prior to the event.

Any cars which are not part of the club parking setup within the facility can easily park on the large and low-traffic road outside ( bit like the Bolney meets used to be ) - there is ample room for all.

The demand on the open day for many clubs has been high, we know there are over 50 Evo's attending so far :squintdan and the invitation has been extended to many clubs and our customers too of course.

All of the major magazines will be in attendance too and they will be running features of the day. I know they are all excited about seeing customer and club cars - they are on the look out for future feature and cover cars.

If you need more information, just get in touch with John or with Alan directly using the details above.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Okay, after speaking with Andy & the kind chaps at SUMO POWER I have secured a place for a GTROC CLUB STAND at their open day with a strict number of places only :thumbsup: Parking at the event for 'Jap cars' is first come first served, so the space we have been kindly given is at a premium. I would ask that you only put your name down if you are DEFINITELY going, if your not sure then only do so when you are. Members will get precedence over Registered Forum Users so if you see your name going down the list & your not a member then you know why.

We have a total of 'twenty places' only so on the Wednesday before the event those on the final list will be asked to PM me their model, colour & registration of their Skyline or GTR. This must be done by the Friday evening. This will make sure that you can still access the 'Jap' parking area when it becomes full to get onto the stand.

Anticipation is this will be a very busy & popular day so get your names down quickly after checking your availability. I will be there (without my Skyline) to assist & keep things with the stand running smoothly :

GTROC SUMO POWER OPEN DAY STAND :

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
taking names from the earlier posts; 'not sure' have not been added.

01. Multics
02. Trev
03. dennis waller
04. pdtuning
05. Fuggles

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Will your car be ready then John by then? If so I'll add you back as I'm not including names of those that are going as this list is for those taking their Skylines or GTR's onto our club stand?

01. Multics - Member
02. Turbo Bungle - Member
03. Dennis Waller
04. pdtuning
05. Trev

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.