GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last week saw the final stages of us preparing our new company - SUMO POWER.

We are official main and sub dealers for HKS tuning parts and will also be manufacturing various tuning and race products for Skylines as well as most other Japanese cars of course. As most will know, we have been a supporter of HKS in the background for a while and this only further confirms our commitment to their parts and engines.

Our new company will only supply parts and at this time has no intention of being involved in the fitment of them apart from minor bits and bobs but this is also something which is being addressed at this time.

We are currently also working on a project with involves racing products for Honda as this is something which HKS do not really cater for in the UK which is extremely exciting to say the least.

The idea behind this venture is one which has been burning inside for the past 3/4 years which we have now made reality and it will exist to provide a neutral parts supply source for both individuals and traders alike and one which we can incorporate in our racing plans for next year.

There is too much to say right now and after speaking with Cem we decided to put this little announcement up on the board so that everyone knows whats going on and so that poeple will be able to ask as many questions about this move, this weekend at Billing as we shall be there all weekend with our cars as arranged previously.

We shall have a little stand no doubt along with a few HKS goodies to show our face at the event, we shall also have some good show deals on offer if I can get them sorted out in time.

Should anyone want any HKS parts bringing to the show to buy or have a look at, let me know today and we shall bring them with us.

Contact details for the new firm will be available at the show for starters, the website is being setup as we speak and in the meantime should anyone wish to contact us you can call on 07900 506033 which is a temporary number until the office number is installed next week sometime or fax us on 01795 666611.

See you all at Billing, sorry Dave and Tigs, dont think missus will let me get away with the midnight streak afterall, will try my best to convince her tho!:D She dont like sharing the goods, hehe.

See you all this weekend, keep the faith......:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Good work Dirky

and I guess it all fits into place now and glad you have been able to get official and public on this. and it does position you very well not to "interferes" with the tuners around their bread and butter.
Also I guess this fits in with the sponsoring of the Honda touring cars as well ;-) Nice touch.
Well from what I see locally and around the place the tuning market for hondas is potentially huge and I can see whay HKS would want a piece of this.
Keep the faith.
So does that not mean no more Kleerfreight GTRs then??

NLW.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Thought so

Good luck Dirk and Rob etc., with ya new venture into the world of Jap Performance styling/supplying/tuning.

Good to see HKS UK has another approved Dealer/Supplier down South :) .

Don't get the parts mixed up with all those various models you'll be supplying :eek: . Mind you, would be interesting to see a T51 on a Civic Typer R :D .

glen

ps. I take it your officially a trader now. Cem will be happy :D .
pps. Front page of website looks good.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Good luck!

Dirky and co, good luck on the venture, hope it all goes well.

P.S I See you got that in whilst the advertising was still free!!! ;)

...Ian

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Good luck with the venture Dirk, hope it all goes well for you and Co. And there I was thinking you were an Airline Pilot....sucker!

Claire

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

to everyone for your kind words of support, really appreciated.

Yes, exciting things to come, the Honda involvement is nothing to do with HKS, its another manufacturer to add to our belt tho.

Sorry Booty, not an airline pilot after all, sorry to dissappoint, you'll have to dream about someone else now!, try Rupert before he has the change done:D

Things have moved soooo fast over the past 2 weeks and we have been trying very hard to get things together in time for the show so that we could announce it this week and its been really hard, we shall be at billing, not as big as we could have but just a time thing.

Dont want to use the board as an advert so Ive kept it brief, all whom are interested come over and have a chat and a beer at somepoint over the weekend, I will not be there in person on Sunday as will be with our Touring cars at Snetterton but Rob and the cars will be. We shall be there from 8pm tonight tho.

Our trip to the HKS factory in Japan will prove very interesting in the next few months and we shall be pushing a few exciting goodies in order to make these finally available to us mere mortals in the UK..

Watch this space.......

See you tonight..gonna get blinding drunk and have a barby.

Keep the faith:smokin:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Carbon-Ti Hiper

Cem,

Not sure if it's available for a Skyline - it's definitlely available for the 2002 WRX, MkIV Supra, RX-7, Z32 etc though. There's a generic back box as well.

Phil

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slippery

Sorry, forgot on last post, we dont have enough space to bring an exhaust system for you to look at, they come in huge boxes, I will however have the full HKS master parts catalogue with me and you can have a look thru it to see what system you would like.

Hope OK.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
So are you going to be able to offer the HKS stuff cheaper than the numerous suppliers already in place in the UK?

I heard that HKS set there own minimum prices for their suppliers?

..IS

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Yeah, what discount do us mates get then Andy?!

I also heard that HKS are very sensitive about suppliers discounting their goods following some argy bargy with one of their 'near to you' agents....

Good luck whatever, I have no doubt that it will be a success for you. :smokin:

Peter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts