GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Mag

Cheers Sean,

I found out about this today too, didnt know anything about it but its a feature which has been given to them from Banzai Magazine here in the UK looking at the pictures shown on the website. Unfortunately this article was photo'd and written in August last year prior to us running the car under full power and when we were still developing it etc.

I am just about fed up with magazines selling my car to other magazines without my permission and obviously for cash. If only to ask us if its OK to run and is the story correct would be at least courteous, no doubt the feature says all about how we are expecting 10's Sean does it?

If you are reading this (Joe Clifford from ' Banzai' ) thank you very much for asking me what the consequences of selling my feature to a US mag might be, I shall be sure to give you the scoop on our new Supercharged 350Z, not.

If you havent heard from me prior to reading this Joe, expect my call anytime soon as you have greatly incurred my displeasure or even better I hope to meet up with you this weekend at the NEC.

Hows the article look Sean? I have some copies on thier way over to me already....

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy ,

Magazine articles are exposure for yourself. Cover of a magazine is good exposure.

Its always nice if they consult with you first though on the content. Last month the RB Motoring Evo was on the cover of Modified.They called and we talked about the article , they even sent a copy for us to review.I met the editor of Modified up at a Track event recently.

Its possible that Joe sent it to them a year ago , and they just finally decided to run the article. You never know with magazines.

The story is by Joe Clifford . Photos by Max Earey.

Photos look good - the article covers - about 8 pages - some ads in there..

I know I had read you had gone faster recently.... I'm suprised they printed it with the 12.7 number..... not too impressive - even on a bad day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts