GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Yes, custom big sump, a friend of a friend. Holds over 7 litres, level with subframe but wider and about 25mm deeper than stock. Running a Nismo baffle extended deeper to suit.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, custom big sump, a friend of a friend. Holds over 7 litres, level with subframe but wider and about 25mm deeper than stock. Running a Nismo baffle extended deeper to suit.
I was hoping for something like this but a easy bolt on kit for exchange of current sump and some cash!

·
Registered
267 Posts
My advice is be very careful if looking for a used sump that a) diff is is in good order b) has the matching Ratio. Have seen many a sad face in this situations.

If it was me I would be extending my existing sump.

We carry the Greddy kit on the shelf ....

OIL PAN UP GRADE KIT RB26

Cheers

Rich

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My advice is be very careful if looking for a used sump that a) diff is is in good order b) has the matching Ratio. Have seen many a sad face in this situations.

If it was me I would be extending my existing sump.

We carry the Greddy kit on the shelf ....

OIL PAN UP GRADE KIT RB26

Cheers

Rich
true, true. I have looked at the Greddy kit. May just stick with that option, if you have them on the shelf that’s certainly tempting!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Running the greddy kit. Can't really say there were any issues welding it, as long as you know what you're doing. Sits a bit low but not to bad.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Greddy kit is tried and tested but does sit a little low. Been a few attempts I’ve seen over the years to sump guard them.
A little tip if the to stop the welds leaking - treat them with wicking grade loctite.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks Al, true can sit a little low depending on the car set up etc only seen one hit and that was a customer that travels 1 mile down a forest track to get to his house!

In stock if needed , in our cleansed Warehouse might I add..

Stay safe guys.

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
The Reinik Group A engines used 2 stock pans to make one extended pan. They couldn’t weld the 3 pocket extensions on the passenger side so the middle one just had a flat plate welded on. I’ve got a book with a bunch of pictures somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts