GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 10th May 2009 Millbrook GTROC/CAT Group Performance Driver "Track" Day

Sunday 10th May 2009

We are pleased to announce that building on the success of the previous CAT Driver Training events the GTROC and CAT Driver Training has jointly developed the official:

GTROC Driver Development Programme for 2009.

Catering for all Skyline and GTR enthusiasts and discounted for GTROC members the training programme centres around the unique facilities available at the Millbrook Proving Ground which include the awe inspiring High Speed Bowl and the famous Alpine Handling Circuit. Millbrook is also the latest venue for the TV Program "Fifth Gear" and a live proving ground for the motor industry. There is no access to the general public or unauthorised photography allowed but group shots will be taken. Exclusive GTROC/CAT car stickers and a signed training logbook will be provided to course attendees.

“Having experienced a one hour demo with CAT Driver Training Instructor Colin Hoad I can tell you this is seriously exciting training on arguably the best facilities in the country. It will massively increase your confidence, car control and awareness skills” Blue34)

A key feature of the 2009 Driver Development Programme are three GTROC group events which form a progressive path building on the knowledge and technique learned at each stage. These group days are in addition to the 1 on 1 driver training programmes also offered by CAT.

The first of the group events and:

Day 1 of the GTROC Driver Development Programme.

Is a group day planned for 10th May 2009 and is the:

GTROC / CAT Performance Driver "Track" Day

The discounted price for GTROC Members is £355 per person and for non-Members £375 per person. Payment will be arranged through the club shop; It's worth noting that the discount on this one event represents almost 50% of the annual GTROC membership fee.

Full event details in CAT's own words.

The day is designed around a maximum group of 8 drivers. Arrival time will be 08:30 with finish time 17:30 hours.

Each course is offered on a first come, first served basis ... post your names early to avoid disappointment

Attendees ...

Reserves ...

First eight reserves are assured a place on the next available course date. Other reserves will be contacted about future events as they are planned.

There have been four previous group Driver Training Events at the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire hosted by our training provider – CAT Driver Training - and were hugely enjoyed by all that participated.

If you would like to read more about the quality of our events, have a look through the feedback from prior Millbrook events ...

Threads below from: July 07, Aug 07, Oct 07 & May 08.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/70790-driver-training-millbrook-proving-ground.html
-
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/80168-gtroc-driver-training-day-millbrook-proving-ground-sun-7th-oct.html
-
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/90999-millbrook-advanced-driving-day-saturday-24th-may.html
-
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/79520-gtroc-cornering-masterclass-millbrook.html
-
Millbrook Aerial Photograph

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
There have been four previous group Driver Training Events at the Millbrook Proving Ground in Bedfordshire hosted by our training provider – CAT Driver Training - and were hugely enjoyed by all that participated.
Did the previous events...i'll give other ppl a chance first
putting my name down as a reserve...

Attendees ...

Reserves ...

1. mo

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
steve....i'm not sure, but i think it's the same one we did already

Mal,
if it's different (content) from the ones i've been on then i'm moving my name up from reserves!!!

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Hi Steve & Mo

Apologies for the silence over the weekend but we were celebrating a certain someone's BIG birthday so took a few days off for partying and then recovery :clap:

Back to normal now though :cool:

So to answer your question ... this day is the Intro day which as you rightly say you did in 2007.

A date for the Cornering Masterclass will be posted this week, which is the next stage in the group development programme. Steve you haven't taken this course but Mo has.

The stage after that is the Drifting Course - which you also did Mo. I think your best next step is for a one to one session (which I think you were previously mooting if I remember correctly). You know you want to look at that wall again :runaway:

Trust this clarifies for you and I look forward to seeing the interest from your fellow Members for this event on the 10th May.

Jo

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
The stage after that is the Drifting Course - which you also did Mo. I think your best next step is for a one to one session (which I think you were previously mooting if I remember correctly). You know you want to look at that wall again :runaway:

but i dont get a bottle of bubbly on a one to one!!!

something came up and i might actually take the one to one session sooner than later...i'll call you tmrw during the day and try to organise something.
;)

thks Jo

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hi Steve & Mo

Apologies for the silence over the weekend but we were celebrating a certain someone's BIG birthday so took a few days off for partying and then recovery :clap:

Back to normal now though :cool:

So to answer your question ... this day is the Intro day which as you rightly say you did in 2007.

A date for the Cornering Masterclass will be posted this week, which is the next stage in the group development programme. Steve you haven't taken this course but Mo has.

Trust this clarifies for you and I look forward to seeing the interest from your fellow Members for this event on the 10th May.

Jo

That must mean I've already qualified for the sticker then!!:D

Best wishes to Colin, Jo.

Oh and have you had a word with that product devlopment officer of yours yet?

Andy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've never been on track before, not even passenger. Should I have just a little experience or is this an ideal starting point? I really need to learn how to drive properly...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hi, i have put my name down as i haven't done any track days in the gtr (or at all actually) and would love to get used to its handling and learn to drive it properly.

If this is a silly question i appologise but is a helmet required? :nervous:

Attendees ...

1. [email protected]
2. GTR Cook

Reserves ...

1. mo

Lee

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Gents this is simply the best course with the best trainers, i learnt more in one day with Colin and Nick than i did with 6 months on my own on the road.

Its worth tripple this price!

·
Registered
138 Posts
As long as I can get my car fixed by then (I see no reason why not...)

Attendees ...

1. [email protected]
2. GTR Cook
3. lonewolf

Reserves ...

1. mo

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
CATD courses are, without a doubt, the best improvement you can make for your car.
Not spoken to anyone who has been anything other than delighted after spending time with Colin and the team.

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Thanks to Smigzy for the great suggestion .... so peeps the price is now .............................. :chuckle:

GTR Cook - you should have received a PM from Amanda while I've been away, confirming that a helmet will be needed at times, but we have them for you to use, if you don't have your own.

Lonewolf - do you need us to come and help with the car :thumbsup:

Jo

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
price is now............. CHEAP AS CHIPS!!!! lol... again!!

Wont be too long before i'm back there, really cant wait :)

Speak soon Jo

Ben

1 - 20 of 44 Posts