GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would imagine that the supercharger illiminates a lot of the lag with big turbo's making them more driveable.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i tried to get some more info from overboost.com but they just give you a taster of things then tell you to subscribe for the full story so I left it.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's about 1200hp. This pic is from a couple of years ago at the Tokyo Auto Salon. The supercharger only works at low rpm and disengages when the main turbos are spooled. Sweet is not the word . . .

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
S2kRob is right. I saw this engine in person myself at the 2000 Tokyo Auto Salon. Very clean install. Actually so clean I almost missed the supercharger the first time I looked at it. I can't remember what the exact power rating was but I thought it was sub 1000hp. Very cool whichever way you look at it.

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Either way, with a supercharger handling the sub-3000 RPM grunt, it would be a lot faster than the BHP would suggest. Imagine 600bhp+ with no lag at all! :eek:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No idea, I'll bet it werent easy though, hence why we havent seen it done before now. I wish there was more info but Ive searched the web and cant find anything. The picture itself came from kazaa.

Rob

·
Registered
301 Posts
They probably used some sort of one-way shut off valve in the pipes running to the two turbos.

Just one question - I can't see where the air comes into the engine!?!?!?

·
Registered
301 Posts
OK - I've spotted the open turbo housings so no-one needs to embarass me by answering my question!!!

If I win the lottery, this would be the 1st thing I would enquire about, just before an R34 chassis to put it in...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts