GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep a worm gear would make sense... its bottomed the needle at 220 mph then pulls another thousand revs.. still a nice wheelie tho :)

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
There is a Sooty van in this area with a hyabusa engine in, they basically welded the sprocket to the propshaft and mid mounted the engine, Its stupidly fast but cant corner or stop LOL

Theres one with a honda engine in it too, I live not to far from Matlock, If you like Bikes get yerself down there on a warm sunday, you cant move for them.

Mark.

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
Marky_GTSt said:
There is a Sooty van in this area with a hyabusa engine in, they basically welded the sprocket to the propshaft and mid mounted the engine, Its stupidly fast but cant corner or stop LOL
I can just see someone resembling Mathew Kelly being stopped by the cops. Cop approaches window and knocks and the reply comes....

"What is it Sooty?"

·
Registered
330 Posts
you can get almost 300bhp

from one of those engines with out turbo charging just ask richard a tts i had 230 out of mine with even changing the stroke, they do 200 mph anyway plus change 5 and 6 gear does'nt seem so far off

·
Registered
330 Posts
i know what your saying

but i just timed it, 28 sec from when it hit 40 mph,when you think that the avarage mild tuned gtr can do 12 sec 1/4's and around 120 mph just does'nt seem that far off to me,you have to have owned one of these bikes to really know how balistic they are,not forgetting 300 bhp 250kilos 1200 bhp per ton

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
tony1 said:
but i just timed it, 28 sec from when it hit 40 mph,when you think that the avarage mild tuned gtr can do 12 sec 1/4's and around 120 mph just does'nt seem that far off to me,you have to have owned one of these bikes to really know how balistic they are,not forgetting 300 bhp 250kilos 1200 bhp per ton
Don't get me wrong, I know they're fast but the maths doesn't add up. This bike ran out of revs not power. The vid I posted features a bike with ~600bhp that made 250+ on the salt flats. The acceleration from 40 isn't what gets me, it's the 220-240mph acceleration. PWR isn't a factor at that speed. Post this vid over at superkaos.com and they'll tell you 2 things:

1. They've already seen it.
2. No way is it real.

and they know because they fit GT35Rs to hyabusas.:D

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
tony1 said:

The vid has been around for ages, and it ain,t real.

Nice vid of the the record run R33_GTS-t Thanx for that:D

You say you have to have owned one of these bikes to know how balistic they are!!

Well I do have one sitting in my garage and its only a baby one so I know the first vid ain,t real :p

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
330 Posts
uumm not saying it would do 240 mph

but 200 mph is easy in a tuned busa and it was flat out,just saying its not that far off :smokin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts