GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the forecast was for a bit of mist but mainly dry and thought why not take the GTR out. journey blyth to rugby near coventry 450 miles mainly motorway, quite a lot of fog and slow driving and traffic but with a 7.5 hour drive and a average of 58mph even though a good few tripple figure bursts i returned 25mpg and got home fully refreshed and exited. every time you open them up even in 6th gear it is like a bolt of lightning shot up your arse just bloody amazing.

unfortunately quite a bit of salt early on but nice and dry all the way home means a good wash but ha ho made a boring drive into some exiting bursts

cheers Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is only stage 1 but did fill up at 290 miles even though it said 100 left though you have to stop at shell.

·
Registered
941 Posts
450 on a single tank?
I had to go from Northampton to Ashford and back again yesterday. I want hanging around on the way down but wasn't going mad cause of the fog. I did stretch its legs on the way back up the M20, but the rest of the journey I was as economical as possible. Managed 334 miles. Put in 62.46 litres of vpower this morning so the tank was pretty much empty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the tank capacity is 74 litres - I've run mine a good 60 miles past the time when the range decides it is too low to calculate, and even then was only able to get 69 litres in. Could've gone another 30 miles easily!:runaway:

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Engine save mode and 73mph cruise control will see 34mpg on my MY12.
I've driven 320 miles to Aberdeen with an indicated range remaining at 131 miles.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't like to run mine down too low.
Yeah, I've always liked to push the range at least once on each car I've had. I usually fill up when the light comes on, but I suppose it's reassuring to know that even from that point I have at least 80 miles to find some 99RON...

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Engine save mode and 73mph cruise control will see 34mpg on my MY12.
I've driven 320 miles to Aberdeen with an indicated range remaining at 131 miles.
why 73 and not 70? just curious

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I had a trot up to Leicester from kent.
averaged 28.8 thought that was good.
From Leicester back home averaged 18.9 that was more fun.
Goldie

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think the tank capacity is 74 litres - I've run mine a good 60 miles past the time when the range decides it is too low to calculate, and even then was only able to get 69 litres in. Could've gone another 30 miles easily!:runaway:
You nutter!:D :chairshot

Ran mine 39 miles past the - - - reading and was absolutely bricking it! (Missed junction on the motorway)

Respect :thumbsup:

Wonder what it will do from the - - - reading to stopping?

Satan.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
You nutter!:D :chairshot

Ran mine 39 miles past the - - - reading and was absolutely bricking it! (Missed junction on the motorway)

Respect :thumbsup:

Wonder what it will do from the - - - reading to stopping?

Satan.
hey respect for 39 miles, dont think I would be too happy either doing that many miles on - - -

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if the MY12 is a lot more economical?
34mpg is very good and would say motorway driving must do the car some good to get the battery recharged without wearing down the tyres etc.

looking forward to see some dry warm weather to see how this car really goes

·
Registered
692 Posts
Was that 60 miles once it says 0 miles left in tank WOW

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't get more than 250-ish at best from a tank, but then I don't do long runs often enough. Best mpg I've seen is 19. I can poodle along for a while but not long enough it would seem..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts