GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have BC Racing Coilovers on my R33 GT-R. Have a couple of questions.....

1- The damping can be adjusted on the top mount of the coilover, turn one way for softer damping and the other for harder damping. What is the best setting front and rear for those of you running BC coilovers for fast road use? It feels a little soft at the moment and I am quite open to a stiffer set up. Pros and cons would help.

2- I can change the damping easy on the front but what is the best way to access the rear? Is the only way to access the top mounts of the coilovers by taking out the rear seats or are there any other tricks to get to the top mounts to make adjustment to the damping?

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
What spring rate have you got?

You don't want to go adjusting the damping too stiff as it will be a combined rebound/compression adjustment.
So although it might feel nice and stiff in the corners, it will skip over the bumps.

Try working within 10 clicks from full stiff and see how it feels.
If you find it is skipping, but want it stiffer, it might be best to go up a spring rate.

As for adjusting the rears, your stuck unless you leave the parcel shelf out. Although I think they do an extended adjuster cable if you enquire.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, im not sure about the spring rates next time I take the car to Abbey ill ask them and maybe get them to do some adjustments for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts