GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for advice from people with experiances of R32 GTR's on track.

I have a black canvas to start with, and would like to just go for the best, tried and tested, option/setups first time.

The car has a few bits and bobs suspension wise, but for this i'll just say its standard.

So.... if you were buidling a track 32 GTR (mild engine 400bhp) what would your suspension consist of?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nismo suspension and Tein coilovers.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Well Adam, I am going the FULLY adjustable route on my 32GTR. You can replace all the standard stuff i.e F/R Tension Rods, F/R Upper camber Arms and Dampers with rose-jointed items. This will give you the option to adjust the settings to your style of driving/tyres/track conditions etc....
I dabbled with this years ago on my old RS2000 rally car with fully adjustable suspension. Do a bit of research and, if your dedicated, get some cheap camber/castor gagues and have a play based on what you've learned from your research.
At the moment my car is for road only but in the coming years will be venturing out onto the track for (hopefully) some sprints etc. I am going to spend the years in between to see what's what with GTR setups and get my hands on some cheap gagues etc (bugger me if i didnt sell my last lot of kit years ago :mad: )
I've found OOparts to be competitive for chassis tuning components of late. Of course there are other places that sell parts, maybe you have a favorite seller of your own. Anyway, hope this helps.

TT

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOParts.... whats that then haha

This will be purely a track car (may drive it to from tracks if i sell the rangie) so looking for the most focussed suspension i can get really.

Heard TEIN mentioned a lot on here, along with remote cotroller thingmy jigger ESDC?! Overkill or a handy tool for quick setup changes?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
dunno what adjustable bits to get (AFAIK the Nismo parts aren't adjustable? could be totally wrong though), I've got some Mine's coilovers and they flat out rock. Couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Nismo stuff isn't adjustable, just uprated/pre-adjusted.

If you want a all out track car then get the rose jointed stuff & soild bushes.

I find my car with the entire Nismo catalouge of parts and Nismo R-tune suspension way stiffer than standard, rose jointed must be as good again which would be unbearable on the road.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
OOParts.... whats that then haha
Its a Japan based parts supplier just like Nengun (if you've heard of them :chuckle: )
Their Midori suspension page is HERE
although if you go back to the home page you can search for bits by brand/car or product. I've just ordered some Nismo AFM's from them. Very happy with the price and service so far. Again, there are LOADS of other parts suppliers both in Japan and UK but I found OOParts to be the cheapest for branded products.

TT

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Does anyone know about suspension with a seprate oil resivor for rebound is worth it in the long run?

I am looking at a new set of suspension released by D2. Price are not too bad for something like that, I just want to know how big of a difference will it make when compared to normal (bounce/rebounce combine) single adjustment suspension.

This suspension from info given looks impressive. Fully rebuildable and come with a kit for the user to re-valve the damper to the specific pressure that they require.

Anyone have info on how something like this should be setup? And how will it perform on road?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Erm, well I first heard of Ohlins when I had my bike. I put Ohlins on the 7r and it was awesome. Having spoken to TweenieRob on here, he puts them in a different league to Teins. I do not to profess to be the suspension technical god, just that I rate Ohlins as a company and I believe their product to be very well made. I think the actual setup on my car is Ohlins shocks and Eibach springs.... I think... If Mark at Abbey can remember or Marc at The Garage or TweenieRob I am sure they will put me straight.

Road & Track

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I can have a set of Eibach race dampers made similar to the ones I use on my R33. You can decide what spring rate you want to run and they will be valved to suit. Double or triple adjustable, they are based on Eibachs state of the art, low friction seals, stste of the art valving F3 dampers. External gas reservoir, uniball end fittings, height adjustable, rebuildable, basically about as good as you can get unless you go to something like the latest Penskes. Not cheap, but makes HKS damper stuff and suchlike the joke it actually is, technically speaking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts