GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a knocking from the rear of my car and it appears to be coming from the offside damper, so I figure it is a good excuse to upgrade to some fancy suspension :D. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The Mines/Ohlins stuff looks the dogs, but I am not sure I can justify £4K on suspension. Anyone tried the Apexi N1 dampers?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
326 Posts
One of the sets I was looking at is the Tien type rs(race spec), fully adjustable ride height/256 stage (16 compression and 16 rebound) damping complete with aluminium rose jointed top mounts, all for £2495. If you don't want to spend that much they have an a type nr spec for £770 which is sport/comfort setting which has a 4 height setting with fixed dampers, probably more suited for a road car.

On those lines, has anyone had experiece o the above units and what are there thoughts?

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Tein also sell a little electronic module to fit inside the car that allows you to vary the susension paramaters without leaving the comfort of your seat! It uses solenoid actuators placed on top of the suspension mounts.....pretty cool stuff! They call it EDFC...or Electronic Damping Force Controller

Their site ---->> http://www.tein.co.jp/ <----

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The Tein stuff does look cool. Does anyone know a UK supplier?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tein Type Ha would be my recommendation the rs and ra stuff is far to hard for road use. Been in cars with HA and RA Rs no.

Tha Apexi N1 would also be my other recommendatiojn as it appears to have excellent reputation and technology. Try and drive a car with both set ups ideally.

SJD

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Scott. I have not experienced any Skyline with uprated suspension, do you say you have had experience in cars with the HA kit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Simon

I have been in Kikis old Integra Type R with HA kit on and it was luverly. On the same day I went in his 200sx which had the RA in which was to compromised on the road.

The HA was Kikis recommendation to me and after going in the car I would agree. It may be worth investigating the Bilstein PSS9 I believe that they do a kit for the R34 and its realtively cheap as well circa £1600.00 this would be a nice option.

I would be tempted to go for the Apexi N1 myself, anyone out there got it on there car????

SJD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts