GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the R35 owners had there HPC's but the car into "Track Setting" and left it that way...

I've a couple of Track Days coming up, but I don't want to have to pay to but the car into TRACK Mode, and back again after every Track Day...

ALSO, what do I have to look out for when the car is on Track, eg do not let the gear box go over 110 ( I think )....

Also is it fine just to leave the car in factory setting, and drive on the Track even if it does under-steer a wee bit..

Thanks....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes it's find to do a track day on road settings. Do a track day and then work out what you do and don't like about the car's handling. You might like it just the way it is.

The only down-side to the track setup is increased tyre wear. Some people have reported that the car understeers too much on the road, so you might actually like the track setup for road use too.

The track settings look "fast road" to me anyway, and I can't see the tyre wear being exponentially worse based on that. It's not like you have -2.5deg of camber!

I don't know anyone who changes between road and track settings though.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
They're hardly that different anyway it's 1.4 degrees neg. vs 2 degreed neg. camber, so only a 0.6 deg change.

On a Porsche GT2/3 you can end up going from -1deg to -3deg. which does give a huge impact on wear and grip/handling.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I heard the max camber was 1.6 degrees, but yes I've left mine on track setting for the road and much prefer the extra bite and front-end grip.

If you continuously find the twistiest way to get to your destination, you should find the tyres wear very evenly! :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi !

Was just going through this post as intend to do a Track setting on my car.....
Could anybody tell me how to go about this and what are the Camber settings ?

Is it only the Camber or something else ????

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi !

Was just going through this post as intend to do a Track setting on my car.....
Could anybody tell me how to go about this and what are the Camber settings ?

Is it only the Camber or something else ????
It is camber and toe setting front and rear, if I get chance tomorrow (I am in Hungary at the moment) I will pull the settings for track use, but I think that Heinz has posted them in the members section someplace.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Arcam !

Sorry dont know your real name ......

Thank you and would appreciate your feedback ! tried to find the settings put could not find any posts.

Hope you having good time in Hungary.....we had a very nice sunny day here in London and a fantastic Magic BBQ !!!

Regards

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi Arcam !

Sorry dont know your real name ......

Thank you and would appreciate your feedback ! tried to find the settings put could not find any posts.

Hope you having good time in Hungary.....we had a very nice sunny day here in London and a fantastic Magic BBQ !!!

Regards
Real name is Eddie

There are a few specs but the one for Sports (Max performance) driving on a 2010 car is as follows: (how sad is it that I carry this info around with me)

TP set at 29psi, full tank of fuel

Front camber: -1 degree 40 minutes +/- 10 minutes (both sides to be within 10 minutes of each other, I always go for zero difference and max negative)

Front toe: 0 degress 4 minutes toe in on each wheel

Rear camber: -1 degree 35 minutes +/- 10 minutes (both sides to be within 20 minutes of each other, I always go for zero difference and mid negative setting)

Rear toe: 0 degrees 4 minutes toe in on each wheel

I don't have time to give you more info but will be happy to discusss setting in more detail when I get home at the end of the month.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello Eddie !

Thanks so much and appreciate your feedback even while you are out of the country.
You are the man to be in touch with when I get stuck with such things !

Take care and look forward to meet you soon on an Event or Trackday.

Best wishes

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Eddie !

Thanks so much and appreciate your feedback even while you are out of the country.
You are the man to be in touch with when I get stuck with such things !

Take care and look forward to meet you soon on an Event or Trackday.

Best wishes
You are most welcome Geetak :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.