GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

just wanted to post a thankyou to everyone who came along today. it was awesome seeing so many amazing motors in one place - totally surpassed expectation. I was aiming for around 40 cars and i think we probably doubled that - an amazing aight.

Some lovely looking skylines there today - i've taken a fair few snaps of the day (including many skyline pics) so these will hopefully be on my website in the next week or so.

It was also great to meet some new people - good to put faces to the names....

The landlady of the pub was excellent. She was very happy to see us all there - and has taken alot of photo's herself with the view of getting an article done in their local paper. She said they've never seen anything like it (and they have many owners clubs having meets there).

She has asked that next time we meet on a saturday afternoon (with a months notice) and they will close the pub down to everyone except us...so we'll have the place to ourselves - so they're going out of their way for us. After the success of today i will be arranging another one for next spring (when the weather starts to pick up again).

None of you boys were involved in this, but the fly bys were a bit dodgy (esp. as it's a 40mph liimit residentual area). I personally wouldn't try and stop people doing it, but in all honesty, i hope we don't have that next time (it's a bit too dangerous really). Although the performance of some of the cars there was simply frightening !

All in all a fantastic meet - so thanks for coming along guys.

Hopefully i'll see you at the Grasshopper meet next week !

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bolney meet

Bolney was a good venue for todays meet & after checking out the car park size Friday night with Gary (GT-ART) I knew that if the weather held out then all who came along would enjoy themselves.The landlord asked me how many cars would show?so I thought maybe 25 to 30 ,how wrong was I,there where at least 80 filling every available space!There would have been 81 but Glen didn`t show up!:D

Looking forward to next Saturdays meet at the Grasshopper.....

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bolney Meeting 11/11/01

Hi Everyone

We went along to the Bolney Stage - the locals were certainly woken up from any Sunday afternoon snoozes they had planned.

Great to see a good number of Skylines, noticed that ours was the only GTS though.

Thought the Go-Faster boys were pushing it a bit - like Daz said, it's a 40 limit. Just would have taken one person to pull out and ouch, doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope to meet you all again soon.

Kim and Toni
Him and Her

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

Alan - pics will be processed tomorrow (boots are gonna love me !)....hopefully they'll be on the site by the end of the week (depends if my scanner is being friendly or not !

Henry, your car sounds mad ! :D Watched / heard you leave...never heard anything rev so fast....

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
good one.

Well done Daz,

I doubt you could have dreamt up that turnout !!

excellent fun.:smokin:

see you Saturday.

Steve

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Oi Henry

Couldn't make it due to wife being ill :rolleyes: .

I will be their Saturday :smokin: .

Henry. You never learn do you. Roaring away like that :rolleyes: . You know what happened last time. Yep you got told off and nearly got us all banned AND IN A SUPRA for Gods sake. If you don't start behaving yourself you know you won't be asked again ;) .

glen

·
Registered
997 Posts
GLEN

Sorry to hear about your wife being ill,give her a big get well kiss from me.
See ya Saturday,
Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had people from every single list ask me that question !! :) (obviously wasn't too bad for a first effort then :D )

I'm not planning on doing another one now until next spring - simply because if the weather is anything like last winter, it'll be too bleedin' 'orrible !

If people are interested in having one much sooner than that, then i will sort something out. The pub will need a months notice, and it'd be on a saturday - that way we'd have complete run of the place (as promised by the landlady).

I personally think it's better to wait though. let this one die down, let the weather start improving, and then gee everyone up for another meet (plus gives people time to get some new "bits" on their cars over winter - gives people something new to "show off" :) ).

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree completely guy. I distanced myself from it, but as organiser could be held responsible.

It was put forward to me that maybe next time i invite a representative from the local constabulary to be in attendance - just lurking in the area...not bothering people. This would be about the ultimate deterant (although i hope it will not turn people away from the event). That would hopefully be enough to stop people racing up and down - i honestly expected to hear an almighty smash...i'm just glad there wasn't one.

In my opinion it did spoil the meet a bit....although 99% of the people there were sensible enough not to get involved.

Regards,
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
pear shaped

Hi Guys,

it was just as well it didn't go pear shaped as the landlady had my name adress and phone number from when I rang her to ask if we could use their facilities....

I have a video clip from the day's lads going up and down, also Henry makes a brief appearance as he departs...

People may already have the file but E-Mail me if you want a look, the file is quite big though about 1 and a bit minutes...

[email protected]

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
547 Posts
Any pictures?

Can anyone send me a few pics from the meeting so I can stick them on the site for all to behold?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joss - i will have my pictures scanned and hopefully on my website by the end of the week. ALL of the skyline pictures will be scanned - so feel free to take what you want from my website.

SteveC - they've now got my contact details too. When they asked to see the "organiser", they took my details down so that they could get in touch regarding future meets (must admit, i don't mind her having my number at all.......)

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Evenin' All !!

My pictures from the bolney meet are now up on my website.

Go to the site (listed at the bottom of this message) and click on the "Jap UK Meets" page. Scroll to the bottom and the thumbnails will (eventually) display. Click these for larger versions of the image.

If there are any problems with the links please let me know so that i can sort it out !

Joss - feel free to use the pictures elsewhere on this register.

Happy viewing !

Daz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts