GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been speaking to Steve Combes recently, and we've decided it'd be a good idea to have a meet in Sussex. I understand there are a fair few Skyline owners down this way...so thought it'd be a good idea to arrange a local meet somwwhere.

Obviously this is thrown open to anyone that wants to come along, but the meet will be held somewhere in Sussex.

At this point in time i'm just after an idea of how many people would be interested in coming along...once we've an idea then we can arrange a date, time and place.

Obviously i don't have the pleasure of owning a skyline, so i'll be going along in my GTI-R.

i'd like to get this sorted sooner rather than later as the weather is slowly turning 'orrible, and daylight time is gradually shortening..

I look forward to a good responce !

Cheers
Darren
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

PS If anyone has any suggestions for good meeting places, then chuck 'em in...as i haven't thought that far ahead !

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brighton is a good idea....

The only problem i can think of is somewhere large enough to park. If people fancy going for a beer then we could all meet at Brighton Marina, park up in the Asda car park and go to the Jacksons Wharf pub - which is top notch. As i said before, i am open to suggestions if anyone can think of a better location....

I personally think a sunday is the best option as MOST people are available on sunday's - in the afternoon anyway.

If we don't get a very good repsonce to this then i'll throw it open to all other lists that i'm on (GTI-R and JAPUKMEETS) as i am sure i can get a wide variety of Jap Performance cars together, but for now i am only putting this out on the skyline list as this is prodominently (spelling ?) a skyline meet (even though i personally do not own one), so i'd like to get a good respresentation of 'lines together.....

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Sussex meet.

Daz,

I'd be up for a meet but I can't say that I'd contemplate leaving my car in the Asda Marina car park unattended for any time whatsoever! I like my wheels too much. :eek:

What about somewhere like The Cowdray Arms at Balcombe (nice roads around there) or even Steve's local, The Woolpack (might be too much gravel though)?

Peter.

PS. Are you ever in Stringer Way in the afternoons?

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

I did wonder about Asda car park...as it would mean leaving them unattended (if everyone did decide to go to the pub !). It was an initial suggestion.

I'm very open to other suggestions, so if you think this is a good venue then i'm quite happy to go there. I've not been over that way, so don't know the area....Any idea on how many cars these places can "hold".

I've have now opened this to the JAPUKMEETS list and the GTI-R list - and i'm starting to get some good feedback. The reason i initially posted to this list is because i'd like a good skyline turnout - personally, i've not been to a meet with a high skyline attendance before, so would like to change that. I've asked all of the people on the JAPUKMEETS list to forward the idea to their various groups - EVO, Scooby, Supra, Celica, etc...so this will hopefully end up being more of a jap car show than anything !!

In answer to your question Peter, i've not heard of Stringer Way let alone been there :) Have you seen a GTI-R around that way then ?

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Sussex meet.

Daz,

I see a black GTiR some days when I collect my son from school; just a long shot.

The Cowdray Arms has a pretty good sized car park (we installed a sewage treatment plant there a few years back!!) which I would guess would take 20 to 30 cars. As it's in the north of Sussex, it may mean that we get a few more guys from the suburbs along as well. It's only a suggestion and I'm easy wherever.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Cowdray arms...

Hi guys,

I have been to the Cowdray arms is it in/near Cowfold ?
if not could you please enlighten me.

We could just go up to the grasshopper it is only 40 minutes up the road from me.
I think Sundays are a good but I'll go along anytime.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Cowdray Arms.

Steve,

It's just north of Balcombe on the Turners Hill/Crawley fork.

As you say, perhaps another one at the Grasshopper may be a plan.

Peter.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

The grasshopper does sound like a good idea..esp as the GTI-R boys are starting to show a fair amount of interest - i think we can quite easily top 20 cars (we've got about 13 yes's already).

I know the Ferrari OC meet at a pub in Bolney....i don't know how big the parking facilities are, but i'm going to try and find out...if it's good enough for Ferrari's to park up in then i'll be happy to park my motor up there.

Definately keep the grasshopper in mind though.....maybe some more people from further away will be interested in coming along then ? Glen mate, fancy coming down ?

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Meet

Suprised you had to ask really ;) . One thing my missus doesn't mind is me going out. I think she has a problem with me coming in though. Bless her.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Avatar

Alan said:
Daz
Whats happened to your avatar :confused:
You haven't led it astray have you :eek:
Erm, I dunno Alan mate !!

I've just used / selected the default Japanese Waving flag - but it doesn'r appear to have ever shown !

Think i'll just knock something up and use a custom one !

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re meeting

I stay in Hampshire so it is only a quick blast along to Brighton. The old girl is in dry-dock at the moment having her gearbox repaired(not through any abuse of mine) so a couple of weeks ahead or after Dyno day 2 would be good for me. :smokin: :rolleyes: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Meet

Daz,
the pub you refer to is called the bolney stage i go past it every day the car park will hold 60 or more cars it is a nice spot
just off A23
I could pop in and ask if you like
Gary:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gary,

if you could pop in and have a word with them that'd be great. This would be a very good location i reckon....if they don't mind so many cars (surely they won't turn away punters !?!) then i personally think this has to be number 1 choice - esp. as it's in the area i had hoped to arrange the meet.

Cheers Gary.

Stukickass - I am hoping to keep this meet distant from other meets - in hope that more people will be interested in coming along. My current thinking is to make this the 2nd sunday in November - but that could change slightly. I'm certainly planning on trying to keep it away from the rolling road day (which i'm still hoping to come along and watch).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
the stage

The Bolney stge sounds good to me.
only problem being there are no really good long roads to do "test runs" down.

Saying that the Stage is on the old A23 and now there is almost no traffic on that part of the road, but it isn't very long.

i'd also like to have a nose at the Dyno day#2
2nd weekend in Nov would suit me.

Any one from down this way going up to Santa pod for the RWYB ??
if so let me know and we could go up in convoy..

/Steve

·
Registered
212 Posts
just an idea

Hi Guys. Just a thought if Bolney turns pear-shaped. How about a meet in Sussex but easily accessed by Surrey too ? I was thinking of the Fox Inn at Rudgwick (W.Sussex). Its right on the A281 about 5 miles from Horsham (A23)and 12 miles up the 281 from Guildford. The Fox has 2 car car parks, a long open one along the side of the 281 and an enclosed one beside the pub. By all accounts should be safe and the foods good. That said, Sundays are quite busy so maybe better on a Sat lunch time or a weekday evening. Only a thought. Plenty of long roads nearby too. Tim

1 - 20 of 52 Posts