GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
<rant> Offroaders should stay exactly there OFFROAD! I cant stand the things, Most of the ones I get stuck behind are doing 30mph on national speed limit roads and there allways a stream of traffic coming the other way. Its enuf to drive you crazy </rant>

Mark. ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Fantastic, just what is needed. I live 6 doors down from a primary school and it's shocking the number of Cayennes, Land Cruisers, Navarros (I think that's the one, Nissan thing) that are used to drop the kids off, bearing in mind that I live in a city. I see no evidence of these vehicles having just been off road anywhere, which is supposedly their function.

·
Registered
174 Posts
sorry hve to disagree as I also own a Pajero. I have it due to the loading size it has seven seats which comes in handy. Mine returning 36mpg so its not that bad on fuel and only use it on longs runs. If I could find a car that would hold as much stuff as this then I would trade it in. I think its just another way of making more money for this crappy goverment (4X4 bias:D ) just my opion
regards

Jad

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
djdna2000 said:
Fantastic, just what is needed. I live 6 doors down from a primary school and it's shocking the number of Cayennes, Land Cruisers, Navarros (I think that's the one, Nissan thing) that are used to drop the kids off, bearing in mind that I live in a city. I see no evidence of these vehicles having just been off road anywhere, which is supposedly their function.
****. Ditto here. Do you live in Claygate per chance? It's crazy there!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Absolute nonsense.

If I choose to drive around in something big and thirsty, that's my issue - I would already be lining the government's pockets with extra fuel duty, more expensive road tax etc.

All of you who think this is a good idea will change your minds when it ends up (as it inevitably will) affecting exactly the sort of cars you enjoy owning and driving.

Phil

·
Registered
181 Posts
well dads just bought a 2000 F150 harley davidson pick up. hes putting multipoint lpg on it. so that will mean zero emissions. so would the government lower the road tax bracket on a vehicle like that ? .what do you think

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Philip said:
Absolute nonsense.

If I choose to drive around in something big and thirsty, that's my issue - I would already be lining the government's pockets with extra fuel duty, more expensive road tax etc.

All of you who think this is a good idea will change your minds when it ends up (as it inevitably will) affecting exactly the sort of cars you enjoy owning and driving.

Phil
Hey Phil,

But don't you think if a 1,000,000 people thought like that, we'd be in deep ecological crap?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,571 Posts
Excuse me, but as we are all probaly Skyline drivers, and more likely modified GTR drivers, :rolleyes:
would we fall into this bracket of 'more than 250g of carbon dioxide per kilometre'??????:confused: :confused: :confused:

They are hardly Eco-transport themselves??? :( :( :(

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Again, if we're being totally balanced about this, then there's no place for a 500BHP car on the roads either.

Culturally, 4x4's are on a loser.
In terms of economics and ecology, they're not alone.

Aviation is the first stop.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
in a nut shell (JUST ANOTHER TAX ) just when you think thay have extracted every last bit of tax out of you that thay can suprise suprise thay think of another one.but very clever as usual think of a tax that will not affect every one then the majorety will not kick off. ******S

·
Registered
23 Posts
the new range rover and discovery diesels have a lower emmision level than m3's so how does it figure that 4x4's get to pay more??

J

·
Registered
310 Posts
Howsie said:
****. Ditto here. Do you live in Claygate per chance? It's crazy there!
nope, I'm in South Manchester - I didn't think anyone round here could afford a Cayenne but there are loads of em cluttering up my road at 8:30/15:30.

There is an unadopted side road next to my house which I own, they are always parking (badly) in there, and one day one of the Cayenne Mums had the cheek to ask me to park closer to the kerb so she could get her barge in with 3 ft to spare rather than 2! I regrettably had to inform her that not only would I not be parking closer to the kerb, but in fact I would be calling the police if she did not move her vehicle off my property ASAP :smokin:

I am thinking of introducing an SUV charge on my road.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sad truth is once they start extortionately taxing/banning one vehicle it will give them free range for the rest
as a high performance car owner we should all be nervous of the types that change the rules.
Or we may all be driving 1litre /electric cars in the near future.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh dear, another stealth tax. If the extra revenue from the fuel isn't enough :mad: And of course you can see all those Cayenne drivers suddenly p/xing them for a hybrid to save the extra can't you :rolleyes:

It's just a phase. Remember when everyone wanted Volvo estates for chrisake? Give it 2 years and everyone will have retro styled American muscle cars running on hydrogen :D

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Philip said:
Absolute nonsense.

Phil
I have to say that I think that is small minded drivel. You use more you pay more. What's wrong with that? Even if that means I pay more to run/drive my GT-R. Cause and effect. Time to think beyond the end of your nose my friend.

We all have a part to play in this. When the individual makes a stand, then the goverment (vote chasers) will listen.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ProjectBlue said:
Oh dear, another stealth tax. If the extra revenue from the fuel isn't enough :mad: And of course you can see all those Cayenne drivers suddenly p/xing them for a hybrid to save the extra can't you :rolleyes:

It's just a phase. Remember when everyone wanted Volvo estates for chrisake? Give it 2 years and everyone will have retro styled American muscle cars running on hydrogen :D
Stealth? Where is the stealth?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dont get you Howsie????
ok so 4x4 vehicles **** you off fair enough

but when the next step is to ban all cars with more than 55 BHP how will you stand

to me the moment you give these jumped up tossers a inch they WILL take a mile and the rest

·
Registered
324 Posts
Considering how dangerous these damn busses are, an extra £50 from each vehicle will probably not go very far to repairing the extra damage and injury caused to our children !!

25 % more likely to be involved in an accident than a normal car . It's a fact .

Mate of mine bought a 'Toerag' ....... His daughter nearly disowned him, his missus and I took the serious ****, and he's got shot of it ( to some other loser in Wilmslow ):D

I'd be embarassed to drive one of these cars . Why are so few other otherwise seemingly pretty normal people not so ?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts