GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Thought we would share the news with you all, the SVM Qashqai R achieved 207mph putting many Super and Hyper cars to shame. At the V Max event today beating the likes of a Aventador, Veyron and even a Ferrari La Ferrari.
Well done to all the Team

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Nice work, look forward to the video :D

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Neat...but...still rather be in a hyper car :D
Me too :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
it was nice to hold our own against these magnificent machines

Hopefully the Qashqai can hold his head high and go down as a vey unique car.
Breaking News! The SVM Qashqai is up for a Raffle quite soon,you all can have a chance of winning This yrs V Max Champ 2014. For £100. (Watch this space)
The Bugatti or the LA never stood a chance :flame: Lol
KK

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Haha, thats brilliant, I would imagine the Qashqai would have been scary at that speed though, due to high CoG and short wheelbase, compared to the GTRs.

I'm fairly sure the Veyron driver must have lacked balls at the event though, since a stock Veyron does 205mph in a standing mile (as tested by US mags) and from my experience driving one, there's no way it won't be accelerating over the next 0.5-0.6 miles to the timing beam.

A properly driven Veyron should be doing 215-200mph at Brunters.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
That's mental 207mph!!
Not bad Lol..However we have now been told after we left @3pm
Two Porsche 911's came good:bowdown1: One tipped the QR @208mph and another apparently only running @ 60% Power ran an creditable 211mph

Oh well Bronze with the LA Ferrari it has to be Lol

I was being persuaded to Turn the Qashqai "up" as we ran 1.9bar.
He has the ability to Run 2.3 bar circa quite a jump in power IMO.

My Logic was to do what was required :flame: at the time of leaving we had pulled two back to back Runs and was On Top of the leader board:bowdown1:
and My personal Target or Goal of 200mph was reached :) Why push the boat ?

I believe Both Porkys ran One Run each late in the day..Lesson learnt Don't count chickens till the Lady sings :)

Gundam is Still the Coarse Record holder @ 239mph :)
We All have to go some more to beat a full on SVM GTR :runaway::runaway:

KK

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Haha, thats brilliant, I would imagine the Qashqai would have been scary at that speed though, due to high CoG and short wheelbase, compared to the GTRs.

I'm fairly sure the Veyron driver must have lacked balls at the event though, since a stock Veyron does 205mph in a standing mile (as tested by US mags) and from my experience driving one, there's no way it won't be accelerating over the next 0.5-0.6 miles to the timing beam.

A properly driven Veyron should be doing 215-200mph at Brunters.
Hi the QR wasn't tooooo scary Lol she seems to travel at speed with ease.A cedit to the Build quality) Cut and shut Job Lol
(The Wheel base is the same as a GTR)

The La Ferrari, Bugatti Vayron, and Aventador were all driven by good Drivers IMO The Vayron pulled consistent pulls @ 202mph some way off the QR.

I don't think any of them let us beat them LOL In fact I know the Bugatti driver, he used to own a GTR (A very fast driver)Hello Iggy !! "The Datsun SUV beat You" Lol
Top Bloke !!

Conditions are the same for everyone, and you cant always rely on what you read.
I'm sure all cars can go faster in different environments and test conditions...The QR had already proved to be a match to many a Hypa car at the Pod earlier this yr
with a 9 sec 1/4 @ 145mph on (265mm road tyres all round) To do a real world tests at well over 200mph! Enough said :)

KK

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Their PR department sucks, the site should have been ready before the event LOL!

Anywhere to see the run times ?

Congrats btw, wasnt talking down just poking fun ;)

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Their PR department sucks, the site should have been ready before the event LOL!

Anywhere to see the run times ?

Congrats btw, wasnt talking down just poking fun ;)

Cheers .. No it all seems quite hush hush even on there own sites :confused:
Maybe the Qashy isn't exactly one to say you have been beaten by Lol

Without being asked SVM did help a lot of various owners having issues with a variety of cars, "many front spoiler coming off" :( we ran a Free Repair center on the day, No one actually said Tar very much :( :(...Bit strange the hospitality in my book.
Maybe someone official will comment ?

A Strange Media Day Out By the EVO Rep Guys!!!
I'm sure Mr Yu can Comment? I know he loves SVM:chuckle:

Taking the biscuit As for Publicity, I would like to ask Why No Invite
on the Main Picture shoot down the main staight with all the Hypa cars? Qashqai not posh enough?It was at that point the Fastest motor....Must be a reason why??

KK

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just wanted to say a big thanks to whole SVM Team for staying up till 3am Friday night getting my car ready for this event, really appreciated it lads.

And also a massive thanks for taking My car back on the trailer after the Carbon front splitter and undertrays ripped off at nearly 200mph:eek:

SVM went above & beyond for me this weekend :cool:

(Hopefully next time I can give QR a bit more of challenge):chuckle:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts