GTR Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's all well and good segregating stock v tuned but you still get the man that wants to
be the fastest,what will happen in my book, who can afford the fastest stock!!..What was the Ferrari worth 1.5m ??? is that fair to the Jag man?

These events are a bit of Fun, and should be kept to Road cars Fast Faster and Fastest ( I bet there were quite a few tuned stock cars Lol)
LOL
I agree to a point Kev, but i also see the other side of the debate & that too is a fair one.

I've no idea if the LaF could be tuned, i'd hazard a guess it's owner wouldn't want to but it's a less fair competition when it's stock vs. tuned & especially so when the tuned is best described as bespoke. Lots of 600-650 bhp GT-R's, in fact i'd say most are at that level of power, only a select few are over 900 & even less at 1200.

A Qashqai with double the power of most other runners is going to take some scalps. The LaF is over 200bhp down & the the Porsches even less power. The Veyron is the closest in power but that's nearly a ton heavier so again it's more about genuine competition.

TBH, it's the GT-R's that have thrown this game wide open as no doubting their performance & is always chuckle material when they beat such impressive competition.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Part of the appeal for me is being able to run against such exotic machinery so if they split it off, it reduces the appeal. Especially considering the total cost of the event when you factor in wear on consumables.

In case anyone missed it, I popped a couple of vids here, plus some others on youtube if you want a look (including the Laf and Veyron drag race at the end)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/298753-vmax-evomax-includes-vids.html

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
+ Looks like the QR has inflamed the situation running 207mph :flame:

KK
I doubt it inflamed any situation, but i bet it certainly shocked more than a few people:)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Part of the appeal for me is being able to run against such exotic machinery so if they split it off, it reduces the appeal. Especially considering the total cost of the event when you factor in wear on consumables.

In case anyone missed it, I popped a couple of vids here, plus some others on youtube if you want a look (including the Laf and Veyron drag race at the end)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/298753-vmax-evomax-includes-vids.html
I reckon that's the appeal for most GT-R participants.

Was kind of the same in the early days as you had Audi RS's, Merc AMG's & BMW M's able to hang with Porsches, Lambo's & Ferrari's.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Awesome result chaps....having seen the QR I never doubted for a moment that it would his sub 200mph. Well done to all:bowdown1::bowdown1:

Cheers
Louie

41 - 54 of 54 Posts