GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be taking the poison dart blowpipe with me to Suzuka this weekend. Any particular tyre/driver you would like me to point at and blow? :chairshot :D

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hot damn, I can't find the the poison pot. :(

Peas it will have to be, then... a top quality peashooter, & really hard dried peas.

So, no-one else going to this then? :D

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Russ, you reckon most people are giving this a miss?

Suzuka have just spent a small fortune refurbishing the amenities, so not having been there for four or five years, I was curious to see what they have done to the place.

Leaving early tomorrow morning. Will probably post up my general impressions on Monday.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
checked it out weeks ago when we raced there ;) nice new facilities, it was cool to have raced there twice before the F1 drivers.

I was in paddock 36 last time, and sitting in my camping chair wondering who was going to occupy that paddock for the F1 race. It was a really surreal feeling thinking that Button, Hamilton or another amazing driver could be standing exactly where I was siting. I wonder what team has #36 this weekend.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked it out weeks ago when we raced there ;) nice new facilities, it was cool to have raced there twice before the F1 drivers.

I was in paddock 36 last time, and sitting in my camping chair wondering who was going to occupy that paddock for the F1 race. It was a really surreal feeling thinking that Button, Hamilton or another amazing driver could be standing exactly where I was siting. I wonder what team has #36 this weekend.
Wow, I would love to drive Suzuka. Max jealousy. One day soon perhaps. (Fuji is on my list of dreams too...)

Funny feeling yesterday and today. Brilliant weather. 100,000 people there, but among the spectators (apart from the drivers and support staff) I saw maybe 7 'white' people and three 'black' people. Is it the strength of the Yen? :nervous:

·
Registered
351 Posts
There aren't too many foreigners around tokyo. It's not awash with tourists at the moment.

I saw your dart hit agostinobashimotonanithats a long name. Good shooting right on the fastest part of the track.

I wonder what the racing would be like if the whole field was forced to run on the same strategy,

At the start the racing was boring as they all headed for their respective speeds on full or low fuel etc etc,

At the end the racing was actually close. Everyone on soft rubber low fuel and closely packed.

that was a good race for 4 laps.

Russ.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Qualification was pretty exciting yesterday. The drivers couldn't handle half a circuit of new tarmac, and half of old dusty stuff.

Today though, I have to agree generally with you. The safety car virtually guaranteed another race over the last 4 laps.

Hired a Kangaroo this time which fed me plenty of information on a hand screen. Stuck in some earplugs, set noise-cancelling headphones on top and plugged those into the Kangaroo, and slapped a sunhat over that and I was in seventh heaven. Pair of binos, a cold beer, a camera, a cushion, and what more could you want? :D

Fascinating to watch their braking and lines into the first and second corners, and listen to the various engine notes as they accelerated away. Simple, moi???

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Write-up over on another site (where the photos are easier to post.... :D )
Soarer World

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
not a member on the soarer world.

Another site I'll have to join.
Oops... apologies. Non-members can't even see the thread? :mad:

I don't think it's worth becoming a member just for that. Maybe I'll host the pics and do a few links to here then...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts