GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and looked on gov websites and i maybe getting a little confused (tired)

At what point does a car have to have an ESVA or SVA whats the limiting age of the vehicle etc... anything less than 10yr old need esva or sva

Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
any car under 10 yrs old i.e build date of 10/96 or newer needs an sva or esva if the car has no model report. any car over 10 years old i.e build date 09/96 or older only needs an mot.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if there is a model report then just needs sva...is that correct? this is the bit i was unsure of

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hello :)
The car has to be mechanically stock.
And the exterior should be stock too. ESVA is very strict.

Are you thinking about importing a Skyline?
If it's a -97 or newer it will need a model-report aswell as an ESVA test.

Check if there is a model-report for the car you want to import.
i know there is one for the R34 GTT. Expect to pay about £1300 (VAT incl.) for model-report rent and ESVA test for the R34 GTT.

Other Skyline models might be cheaper (Unless going for the R34 GTR).

If you want to import a R33GTR from -96 you only need an SVA test. No need for model-report.

But if you wait to next year it the -96 will fall under the 10 year old rule and only require a MOT I think.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
SVA is for amature built vehicles or left hand drive vehicles

ESVA is for all other vehicles less than 10 years old .....to protect the profit margins of Motor manufactures :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
SVA is for amature built vehicles or left hand drive vehicles

ESVA is for all other vehicles less than 10 years old .....to protect the profit margins of Motor manufactures :(
Aha. OK

But I'm pretty sure that vehicles which are -96 or older only require the test and no model-report.

And if the car is 10 years or older there is only MOT to worry about.

Don't know how strict the ESVA test is without the model-report.
I had to find a stock exhaust and stock sized rims to pass my S15.
That's with the model-report test.
Not the easiest job when living in Sweden and the car was in the UK.
Got plenty of help though through the SXOC and the import-company.

The £1300 price tag is with Cat1 immobilizer fitting.

Different car models are have different prices.
Have a look on Model Reports .com homepage and ESVA, SVA model reports, Model Reports Direct, VOSA, Honda, Isuzu, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, and see if there is a model-report for the car you have in mind and what prices to expect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts