GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Very excited about my new project and will give a little info about me and my great upcoming SVM project.

In early 2012 I purchased an 09 Ultimate silver GT-R, on the day I picked it up I drove straight to Amar at SVM and booked in for a 650R package.

This is the day I picked it up and went to SVM

IMG_0449.jpg

The 650R package completely transformed the standard car, providing stock drivability with massive performance gains and a lot of bang for your buck. The car drove faultlessly for 18 months, I racked up around 35,000 miles and ran a 10.97 1/4 mile time plus numerous track days around the country. I had run out of warranty from manufacturer and had some issues (faulty head unit, passenger door not opening plus some rust/sea salt corrosion from previous owner as it lived by the sea) plus it needed brakes and tyres so I thought time to get something newer. As I'm in complete love with the GT-R.

Some action shots from Santa Pod

IMG_0475.jpg

10.97 best time on my 650R and never managed to get the launch right

IMG_0562.jpg

Graffiti tunnel car meet central London.

IMG_0672.jpg

The rude plate got a lot of attention both good and bad so decided to give it away with the car rather than have it on the new car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's when I saw my new car advertised on the forum by CT17, and since purchasing have been trying to decide what power level to take the car to. The car is a MY11 so facelift which for me feels improved in many ways over my 09 car, well worth the extra money.

IMG_2165.JPG

I'm a bit of a speed addict and although I thought about staying 620-650R and was set on that for about a few minutes lol

IMG_2174.jpg

After numerous phone calls with Amar and the SVM team I've finally decided on a spec:

Power:
850R, SVM fully built engine, SVM turbo upgrade, SVM gearbox work, clutch upgrade, full SVM 102mm exhaust + much more

Exterior:
SVM livery.
Knight racer carbon

Brakes + wheels:
Alcon BBK
Rays + MPSS

Goals:
An extremely fast but reliable street car which can run a 9 second 1/4 mile.

Plans:
To attend as many events, meets and charity days as possible. Showcasing the cars performance and stinging the competition on drag strip. Plus some track use.

It's not the fastest car on here by any means but will be close haha, will be very unique and an on going project over the next few years.

Looking forward to working very close with SVM and watching the Hornet rise from it's hive and sting 2014!!

Can't thank SVM enough for how quick they are working on the cars, true professionals and have total confidence 110% in their company and products.

Here goes .....
IMG_2515.jpg

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a new toy lol :bowdown1:

IMG_2319.jpg

Remote control, when I go back to PW pro for re wrapping front bumper I might ask if he can wrap this haha

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was actually in Heaven walking around the SVM workshop...

Must have been around 10,000bhp in the workshop at the time !!!

Hulk watching on checking out the competition

IMG_2678.jpg
IMG_2677.jpg

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyway I will update this thread as much as possible and as detailed as possible. Very very excited!!!

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
sweet 850bhp, if your going 850, why not make it a cool 1000bhp ha ha :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Kev , it's so great to work with the best in the business I know my car is in the very best hands and will live up to the performance!! Team SVM all the way:smokin:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you Kev , it's so great to work with the best in the business I know my car is in the very best hands and will live up to the performance!! Team SVM all the way:smokin:
Hi Matt
I'm about 2 months ahead of you SVM have done a very similar conversion to my Track pack edition I'm about to post it on the forum,(probably tomorrow) All I can say is You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also for anyone that uses Instagram with an SVM car I'm thinking #teamSVM to create a portfolio of our beasts lol looking forward to show season .

Paul once the mods are done initially I will book in with you mate a few little stone chips, the wrap is in superb condition and 99% think it's paint!!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Also for anyone that uses Instagram with an SVM car I'm thinking #teamSVM to create a portfolio of our beasts lol looking forward to show season .

Paul once the mods are done initially I will book in with you mate a few little stone chips, the wrap is in superb condition and 99% think it's paint!!
no worries matt we're here when your ready :squintdan

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
You bought a good car there mate. CT had looked after it well.

Looking forward to following your project fella. Very jealous.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts