GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

Ecutek UK recently got hold of the rom file from the Nismo RC (pics below). They found some interesting data in the tcm gearbox map and the main engine ecu which is still being tested.

Of the early stage data changes in the TCM alone, when tested in a regular GT-R we found some impressive changes to shift speed, most noticeably downshifting. At this early stage may or may not be ideal for road going GT-R but certainly interesting for track use. We'll be finding out more soon and will update.

Testing on a regular GT-R

Will update on further news. We are also off to stretch the legs of Qashai R and Gundam this weekend ;)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Ben sent us the new maps last Sunday been out and done some logs on the road and sent them back to Ben. The car drives really well on the road shifts seem faster. We will be at knockhill tomorrow to see how they work round the track.

Keith

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Ben sent us the new maps last Sunday been out and done some logs on the road and sent them back to Ben. The car drives really well on the road shifts seem faster. We will be at knockhill tomorrow to see how they work round the track.

Keith

Keith you have regular Super-R TCM, this new one has more to it

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
The same as the extra 50% in the my14 TCM ROM?

No this TCM rom has slightly more aggressive/faster characteristic as you'd expect from a track focused GT-R

The MY14 has a 1.5m TCM file, larger than the older models and can't be used as a direct flash replacement and there doesn't appear to be too much interesting in the MY14 so far looking, it would seem Nissan are gearing up to add in a future model feature, im guessing 7 speed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all
Been told by Ben/SVM to hold back on posting about being the FIRST Road going GTR35 to have the Ecutek 'Nismo' Race Mode gear box settings, I've just got to let you know it is amazing!! The speed it now changes gear on my Trackpack edition GTR and With the SVM power 850-900+bhp the difference I just can't explain!
All I can say if you've got Ecutek get SVM/GTC to put it on.
Also the Rolling Boost WOW!!! It's MAD! Sorry Ben for letting it out:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts