GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys ..Just thought some of you may be interested in our largest most ambitious
Project taken on by SVM to date :)

I hope to show progress of the build over the next 6 month, leading up to xmas /new yr
release.

WTF is It ? LOL

This time around it isn't a fire breathing GTR or a Worlds first Qashqai hypa SUV
It is our very own Business Premises hear in Shropshire.

From 1985 I have run two business's side by side with my faithful staff from
1.Madeley Testing Station
2.SevernValley Motorsport

In 2012/13 SVM moved away from our Joint site into two nice units in Telford
This was then
Unit 17 Cedar Court began life with SVM from an empty shell we expanded quickly :)

Soon it became full :)

3 Months Later We took over Unit 18 Next door

Added 10 x Ramps + the state of art 4 wheel Geo and kitted out with all the latest tools required to run SVM :)

R35 GTR's Everywhere LOL

Both units Full :) :)

After 18 months we feel a change is in the Air :) also to put our stamp down so to speak, the change is truthfully required due to lack of space again Lol We have now plunged into the largest development phase to date .

The Project

To Build (Imo) One of the most advanced tuning Shops in the UK !!! A One Stop Tuning paradise:) Some 3 x the size of both our current sites put together, some more room to expand then :runaway:

(Well that's my aim,fingers crossed) Over the next few months, I would like to share my vision and passion in making the Dream come true.

"The Stats"...

Individual 2.5 Acre Site (easy access) not only to get to due to it's central location, but to get in and out of. No muddy lead up roads:runaway:
Workshops to die for 25,000 sqft of working space,two separate working bays some 16.5m x 68m in lengh, housing up to 40 ramps Yes 40 !(should be enough) Enough space to house all your GTR's in-side! :) No one will get left out in the cold Lol
Employing 15x Technicians
5x mot bays, for GTR in house Mot's no driving around off site!
8 x Nominated Testers
In House 4wd Rolling Road .
5,000sqft reception +Offices
5x sales staff
Dedicated Showroom/Shop
Parking for over 150 cars, (Enough for any day to day and ideal for Meetings :) )

High Security Fencing
CCTV 24hr surveillance/red care/Independently Patrolled..

All in all a very big effort By SVM (Hope you agree )

When is all this happening ?

NOW !! :flame::flame::flame:

Our new site has been located very near our existing premises In Telford Work has already started :runaway:

There is much to do as she is an older building, New 5 bay Doors to be fitted for ease of access, new office /reception block, not mention new roof lol. a complete revamp and make over, to make a Shop to be proud of :bowdown1:

I thought it may be interesting to show the Build process on the Forum :)

This is how we acquired her last week when i actually took hold of the keys.

All the front will be revamped as New Doors/bays and windows go in
The whole roof some 30,000sqft will be replaced :) (Big Job)

Below I would like to share my vision what SVM will look like, its so large to get it on one picture but hopefully you can see where we are going :)
Hope You like

I will take shots as Building work progresses over the next few weeks,
Inside is massive, cant wait to share :cool:

All the team, from both of my companies are looking forward to taking care of all your requirements,

from yearly chores like Servicing and Mot testing , through to your wildest dreams :) many many new Ideas are in the pipe line.

Hopefully You guys will pay us a visit and come and see us first hand and discover the SVM experience :)

Both existing sites will be Business as usual , until the New site is finished and Open .The move will take place "end of 2014" not much time then Lol ...Obviously I will keep you Guys informed step by step.

I must say Thank you to All of our Customers, without your support over the yrs, this venture wouldn't of been required, thank you for getting behind SVM :)

Regards
KK

·
Registered
633 Posts
Magnificent!! my son did similar, he is in timber industry, worked from 1 room as agent, then due to demand rented large premises, after expanding, bought freehold of much larger site, couple of years later sold business for 8.2 million, but retained freehold, still running the business, a real petrolhead (like his dad). Am so very proud of him, hasnt bought a gtr yet but am leaning on him. Am 72 years old and drive a 32 gtr. Well done you lot, all the best for the future.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i don't know how you keeping doing it KK, but all the best with the new move. good to see svm+MTC all under one roof. make sure you do an open day on this one ;)

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Magnificent!! my son did similar, he is in timber industry, worked from 1 room as agent, then due to demand rented large premises, after expanding, bought freehold of much larger site, couple of years later sold business for 8.2 million, but retained freehold, still running the business, a real petrolhead (like his dad). Am so very proud of him, hasnt bought a gtr yet but am leaning on him. Am 72 years old and drive a 32 gtr. Well done you lot, all the best for the future.
Wow can only hope I travel a similar path to your son :bowdown1:

Wish my Dad drove a GTR He's 84 and drives a Toyota 4x4 Lol
KK

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm absolutely blown away by the new SVM HQ .... What a world class facility and can't wait to see it!!! The ultimate GT-R tuning shop ... Would be mad to take your Gtr anywhere else. Well done SVM

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm absolutely blown away by the new SVM HQ .... What a world class facility and can't wait to see it!!! The ultimate GT-R tuning shop ... Would be mad to take your Gtr anywhere else. Well done SVM
Thank's Matt /Give Me 4 months and the doors are Open (Lots of hard work to do)....Your also welcome to come to our present facility:) this one isn't that bad You Know Lol ...Open as Usual :)
Hopefully Guy's can give us a try ,We are certainly raising our game , we plan to Stock and display much more, All our providing manufactures have welcomed the move, It is a Win Win 4 all involved (including customers seeing so much under one roof) The facility will speak volumes, also my staff :)are the greatest asset to my company, some have over 25yrs service (what dedication) ..We will certainly welcome new and old faces from all over the UK :) SVM will spoil em rotten!

KK

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like a great project, brave move in the climate but when things pick up (and they will) you will be in a fantastic position ;-)
Thanks for sharing the vision, I'm sad enough to like the garage / workshop builds as much as the cars although usually on a smaller scale.
Any thoughts on a machine shop or the likes?

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
40 ramp bays!!! thats insane.. business must be going great! thats what you get when giving good customer service, and helping customers when the chips are down, which from what I have seen, you have done this, which means a hell of a lot.

I have seen tuners here and there, with evo and gtr, when things go wrong, the tuner turns the other way... its ok reaping in the ££ when making things go fast, but people need their tuners support, for the odd occasion when the shit hits the fan...thats when it REALLY matters, its not often.. but its good to know in the back of your mind, the guys will help you to get it sorted.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a great project, brave move in the climate but when things pick up (and they will) you will be in a fantastic position ;-)
Thanks for sharing the vision, I'm sad enough to like the garage / workshop builds as much as the cars although usually on a smaller scale.
Any thoughts on a machine shop or the likes?
Thanks I wasn't quite sure if Guys would like to read about Garage's lol
Hopefully over the next few months you will see the amount of work in toe.
(hopefully a little interesting as the build progresses)

KK

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
People love watching grand designs etc - I would love to follow a build of a massive garage - in micro detail too where possible - including the inevitable problems you will encounter :(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thats some project to take on Kevan.

Hope to see it completed and have a nice barbie and talk about days past

keep the updates coming

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck to SVM
A real delight to see good news stories, expansion,jobs and outlook all positive.
Great news all round.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Great news Kev, looks amazing and am sure the whole club will be with me wishing you the best and can't wait to see it.

Onwards and upwards. Here's to the opening party and look forward to see the 'build progress' pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Can't wait to see the final build and use the cinema room??

What a great project Kev. Congratulations and here's hoping all goes smoothly over the next few months.

Can you book mine in for the first service available in the new building please??

Cheers

Jeff

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank's Guys :)

Hear are a couple more Pictures before the JCB's arrive on site Lol

The Reception entrance will be moved, so it will be knocked down :(

To the left will become extra parking

This "Block" will have a make over and form part of a new show room

inside the showroom before we begin

Inside the Workshop Before the "Makeover" takes place

Not sure if we will have enough room? Lol

New insulated Roof to go on to Give that Modern feel :)

Watch this ..Now you see it :)

Now you don't!

what a mess Lol

Same with this! Now you see it :) looks Ok?

Now not so good :(

As you can see Lots to do
Back soon with a concept of the Interior and Pic's when the Diggers arrive :)

KK

1 - 20 of 321 Posts