GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day at Santa Pod yesterday at the Peak Performance Test & Tune Day. Plenty of track time but best of all watching SVM's GTR powered Qashqai break into the 9's was just fantastic. Everyone there could not believe what SVM have done with a daily shopper. A family car weighing two tons grabbed everyones attention including a large round of applause from the Santa Pod Marshalls as it crossed the line at 144.88 mph in 9.9 seconds on standard road tyres.

Ian Marshall of Santa Pod immediately requested that SVM bring the car along to the Ultimate Street Car Show as it simply fits the bill!

Congratulations to everyone involved in the build of this masterpiece. Well done SVM. Now bring it to the Jap Show!!

The ultimate sleeper until you open the bonnet!!

And then you open the bonnet!!

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
That's very impressive.... Nissan should make that model available for those who require more of family car. Well done guys

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That's ludicrous! :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ha, my gran had a Qashqai, used to think it was terrible but I wouldn't mind a go in that! Amazing result!

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
congrats svm on great build

We didn't go crazy on power either, she has a low 9 @ 155 in her IMO with wheel change
Thanks Ben/Jeff it was a good result 4 sure out of the box so to speak.

I would like to get some special wheels made with wider inset
to run R35 rear tyres as we use all fronts! with out the need for arch extensions (hence 265's all-round)

Traction was always going to be an issue Low 9? maybe 9.5sec lol
KK

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Kev great result. As a former reader of Max power the Transit will always be the ultimate street sleeper for me ;)

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Kev great result. As a former reader of Max power the Transit will always be the ultimate street sleeper for me ;)
Mine to :) A 550bhp Transit around Donnington was always good fun not so sure 19" centre locks and body kit he was a sleeper Lol

I also think the Qashqai is also in that same mad league.
KK

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Mine to :) A 550bhp Transit around Donnington was always good fun not so sure 19" centre locks and body kit he was a sleeper Lol

I also think the Qashqai is also in that same mad league.
KK
Without a doubt it is. Was it you guys who did the Series 1 RST that was Cossie 4x4 powered?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Well done team SVM!!!!!

Would have loved to have seen that tearing down the strip!!!!

Were you the pilot Kev????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts