GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just waiting to get my first GTR (previously I had an Evo and currently a KTM X-bow) ... and I've been looking at replacement rear wings since TBH I'm not a fan of the OEM R35 wing

I think swan neck rear wings look "cool" (for lack of a better word, and probably dating myself a lot there ... LOL) ... but I'm wondering if many of you are running them ... or if you think they're a bit much for the road ?

eg : Voltex Type 7/7.5 : https://www.nengun.com/voltex/gt-wing-type-7-and-75-swan-neck

cheers

Raj

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them myself. Ruins the look of the car and - maybe I'm getting old - dare I say a bit OTT i.e. chavtastic!

That said, I don't recall having seen them on another GT-R so would win originality points I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,835 Posts
nooooooooooooo nasty!

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Ideal (aerodynamically) for a race track but not for the road.

Interestingly (or not!) I really like the design of the OEM rear wing.

David

·
Premium Member
5,835 Posts
+1 on the oem as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I'm guessing that they're no point me posting about the 2020 Nismo style front wing carbon louvres either

I found a supplier of these and they'd be a nice contrast on red paintwork in carbon

Dremelling the holes in the wings would be a tad scary for me to do ... not as easily reversible as the swan neck wing

Why is it that I seem to like things a 14 yr old likes not a 44 year old should like ?

LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
As has been said...it's your car, so you can do what you like...but not for me - seems OTT for a road car? I think the carbon louvres a la Nismo for the wings probably would look good on a red gtr, as long as they were done properly.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
So I'm guessing that they're no point me posting about the 2020 Nismo style front wing carbon louvres either

I found a supplier of these and they'd be a nice contrast on red paintwork in carbon

Dremelling the holes in the wings would be a tad scary for me to do ... not as easily reversible as the swan neck wing

Why is it that I seem to like things a 14 yr old likes not a 44 year old should like ?

LOL
Are you referring to the ones suppled by 4SRC?

I've seen these on Sam's own GTR and in terms of a quality product they are spot on and if fitted correctly (!) look OEM. To my mind they look "OK" on a dark coloured car but would be a little jarring to the eyes on a lighter colour.

As has been said- is your car and you are the ONLY person who needs to be satisfied with the end result. If possible try and see a car with them fitted before taking the plunge (and the angle grinder!).

David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beyond the effects of aerodynamic pressure (and therefore track use) for road use I do not believe that there are any beneficial or substantial differences compared to a "traditional" wing (not oem).
The Oem wing is not at all evil and offers a good balance with the car (front / rear) and it is also good for some trackdays where no obvious changes have been made to the front loads...
Only for aesthetics many times performance is worsened, but aesthetics is a personal factor

·
Registered
269 Posts
wings

Hi everyone

Just waiting to get my first GTR (previously I had an Evo and currently a KTM X-bow) ... and I've been looking at replacement rear wings since TBH I'm not a fan of the OEM R35 wing

I think swan neck rear wings look "cool" (for lack of a better word, and probably dating myself a lot there ... LOL) ... but I'm wondering if many of you are running them ... or if you think they're a bit much for the road ?

eg : Voltex Type 7/7.5 : https://www.nengun.com/voltex/gt-wing-type-7-and-75-swan-neck

cheers

Raj
you cant improve on perfection,leave the wings alone..lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts