GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a friend of mine asked if I fancied going to see Barcelona play in the Champions League, driving down in the GTR. I don't even follow football, but the idea of a road trip in the GTR had a certain appeal!

Turned out to be a terrific trip. Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, drive across Spain, great football (so I'm told - I'm a rugby fan really), but the most crazy thing was the drive back from the Nou Camp stadium. It turned out we had parked only about 200m from the stadium, and when we came out after the game it was the most chaotic traffic jam I've ever been in. HUNDREDS of mopeds/small bikes buzzing the car, being cut up by Seats from every angle and 1000s of pedestrians on a death wish! Sounds terrible, but the amazing thing was that EVERYBODY was giving the car the big thumbs up! Hope it doesn't turn out to be a Spanish insult!!

Everywhere else we went the car was surrounded by people who really appreciated it. The funniest thing was when a car stopped in the middle of the road and the driver and passenger got out and started taking photos. When another car pulled up behind, first he blew his horn, and then he saw the GTR and got out himself to take photos!!

1600 miles, and the car didn't miss a beat....

Should have taken more photos more often really, but frankly I was too busy enjoying the drive.......! Here are a few anyway.....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You have got to love a good road trip, Im not sure about the football bit, but I bet there were some brillient roads for you to enjoy along the way!

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Sounds like great fun:cool:

Looking forward to an organised trip around Europe next year....

Paul

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
i love road trips in my car,just got back from Paris again,was cracking!

car looks mighty clean for the miles you covered :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts