GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I did work on my car was when I removed my spoiler from my subaru. As soon as I opened the boot it nearly broke my jaw. These things tend to go tits up for me when I get my hands dirty so...

Do I need to do anything to deactivate the airbag so it doesn't blow up on my face or do I simply un screw it ?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I take it if I touch this metal part to much the airbag is going to activate ? I'm sure there is an adequate smiley for this :(

Is there not a fuse I can remove as well ?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
So I take it if I touch this metal part to much the airbag is going to activate ? I'm sure there is an adequate smiley for this :(
Not really.

There is a "small" chance the static from your body could discharge the airbag via the metal on the rear of an airbag.

Like I said, it's such a small chance but not worth the risk.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Changed a few wheels in my time, just disconnect the battery and be careful and you should be fine.

haven't set an air bag off yet and don't plan on starting now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When I perform tasks related to the wheel (stereo controls, cruise controls, bluetooth, horn, etc.) I turn the headlights on after disconnecting the ground cable for good measure.

I'd still wait a couple of hours as suggested above and discharge any static before disassembly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts