GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the R33 and R34 GTR .

1.Can they be swapped.

2. Is it only uprated suspension that can be swapped.

3 What are the differences in the fitting.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
correct. obviously shocks and springs need to be matched though, so you can't put a V-spec spring on a standard damper

but otherwise, strut and spring combo's are fully inerchangable

mook

·
Registered
670 Posts
what makes a shock a v-spec shock? I thought the v-spec part was only the active rear differential

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
no, Vspec had stiffer, uprated suspension. it was one of the cars main criticism's

mook

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told that they do not fit and have to modified as the pick up points are different...
I hear take they can be swapped but has anyone done this for sure

·
Registered
586 Posts
I fitted Ohlins front and rears off a 33 to my 34, I was told that the 33 parts will result in a lower ride height that im aiming for, its all on but no engine or gearbox fitted yet and it all seems OK. I have used the 34 lower alloy arms, but fitted adjustable Cusco top wish bones, again from the doner 33

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
For non-adjustable stuff you may find that the spring and damping rates are a bit wrong. Might be worth considering if you're planning to fit stock/nismo/v-spec items.

I would imagine that with adjustable stuff you'd be able to dial them in so any differential would be irrelevant.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I've got R34GTR V-spec shocks with Trust springs on my R33GTR V-Spec (got them from mook) and they went straight on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thank you for your help. It was the fitting holes etc i was interested in more that the ride height. Many thanks for everyones help.

Thank god for the nerds... LOL:thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at the nitrons and was wondering if they are worth the money.

I know they can be rebuilt which is a bonus.
And re-valved which is useful to me as i only really do the nurburgring.

Which nitrons do you have on your car?

And what are your opinions compared to over suspension.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I was looking at the nitrons and was wondering if they are worth the money.

I know they can be rebuilt which is a bonus.
And re-valved which is useful to me as i only really do the nurburgring.

Which nitrons do you have on your car?

And what are your opinions compared to over suspension.
If the budget allows the triple adjustable ones are superb, and for the price can't be beaten. You'll only better the quality by spending a LOT more on high end race stuff. Even the double adjustables are going to be a huge improvement on the likes of Tein and HKS junk. In fact, having less to twiddle may well be a bonus if you aren't in to setting up dampers. I sent three sets of Nitron triple adjustables out to R34 owners a while back, all feedback was very positive.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that chris.

I take it you work for nitron in some way?

For the cost around £2000 i think there good value for money.

People wouldn't begrudge spending £2000 or more on there engine but would pass at spending that on suspension.

I'm a firm believer in power but what's power with out control.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Thanks for that chris.

I take it you work for nitron in some way?

For the cost around £2000 i think there good value for money.

People wouldn't begrudge spending £2000 or more on there engine but would pass at spending that on suspension.

I'm a firm believer in power but what's power with out control.

I have no connection with them whatsoever, in fact, given I bought 3 sets of 3 way dampers off them they are tight *astards, the discount was risible! :) I have Eibach dampers on my Skyline ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
i have the 3 way race ones. also have set complete spring setups with eibach springs.

i love them. well spent money for sure. quality of these units are very good indeed to. easy to use .

top marks from me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts