GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who all has driven the Alp roads like Susten, Furka, Stelvio, Silvretta, etc etc... I am planning to go in the late spring. Just wanted to get some pointers before I make any solid plans. What should I be aware of? What was your favorite stretch of road? What are some other good roads?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yes I have!

All are good, Stelvio will hammer your brakes (if you***8217;re trying) Tunnel in Switzerland are Brill if you have loud exhaust etc.

Who is the trip with ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife and kids. We are planning on taking a 3 day camping holiday in the alps, and of course I must test these roads on the way. :squintdan :smokin:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Few pics from my recent roadtrip to Monza for the F1 below - Stripped out Italy pics but northern Italy was awesome, especially the Pagani factory and Ferrari/Lambo museums in Modena :)

Personally a little hard to say how good Furka/Grimsel passes are as they were both foggy when I did them but Stelvio was awesome if a little busy - definitely worth seeing though I must say!

Hi all, just thought I'd share some pics from my recent roadtrip - 3,441 miles covered across 6 different countries, along with visiting 3 race tracks (Incl Monza whilst F1 was on) and the Monaco street circuit :)

Apologies in advance for the volume of photos, really struggled to slim them all down to share on here :)

Germany - Hohenzollern Castle in the background

Switzerland - Stelvio Pass

Switzerland - Grimsel/Furka pass

Then home via Nurburgring and Spa :)

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
St gotthard
St bernard
Stelvio

The scenic road to bergamo is nice east of como, think its like the Bracco pass, small and dangerous but great views and less travelled compared to the St Gotthard and such.

Any of the lakeside roads around Como, Garda, Lugano, Iseo with their mix of views and tunnels chopping in and out the mountains are fabulous

Any of the roads round cortina

In fact anything small and near the lakes and the border in northern italy !!!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts

If you go in spring and are going to stop at the top bring a jumper. I went up in shorts and tshirt. Was a tad chilly when we had a snowball fight.

On the plus side chilling the beer was easy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts