GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title my r33 gtr switched off the other day, then as i was driving noticed it was trying to hold back while driving normally :confused:

im thinking its the fuel pump that has reaches the end of the road cuz i think its a standard unit,not sure though.
any one have any ideas what i can check to rule this out?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
some more specific diagnostic info about the problem would help, however the holding back could be pump or AFM's or ignitor pack or wiring etc etc.

Does it miss/hesitate under boost?
when it switched off, did it just stop, or stumble & cough then die?
I presume both problems were encountered when the engine & fluids were at normal operating temps?
when it holds back, does it cough black smoke out the tailpipe? can you hear the tubs sucking through the intakes, despite not making boost?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some more specific diagnostic info about the problem would help, however the holding back could be pump or AFM's or ignitor pack or wiring etc etc.

Does it miss/hesitate under boost?
when it switched off, did it just stop, or stumble & cough then die?
I presume both problems were encountered when the engine & fluids were at normal operating temps?
when it holds back, does it cough black smoke out the tailpipe? can you hear the tubs sucking through the intakes, despite not making boost?

sorry forgot to mention did this under normal operating temps, boosts fine no probs, no smoke at all, oil pressure and temp all normal, everything seems fine now though i think this will happen again.

i wanted to switch the car on for a few minutes just to get warm in the car park that's when it happened didnt miss fire or anything just died, started it again same thing happened, started it again with a little rev then stayd on and idled fine, felt like the fuel just stopped, i changed the fuel filter 1 month ago, wheres the fuel pump located on my car?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine done the same turned out to be Air Flow Meters on mine.
It would hesitate just before coming on boost and stall at junctions, It slowly got worse over a week, changed them all good again

·
Registered
998 Posts
take the air filters and MAFs off, spray fully with brake cleaner, leave, and put back on.

Then you can carry on fine - had the same problem with mine.... just some dusty stuff on the MAF sensors ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm didant think about the AFM'S, although i replaced the standard air box for HKS filters last month, wouldant of thought hks filters would let crap in?
would they? :eek:

·
Registered
998 Posts
hmm didant think about the AFM'S, although i replaced the standard air box for HKS filters last month, wouldant of thought hks filters would let crap in?
would they? :eek:
NO, but if theres already crap on there, or inside then the air would of blown it about and it may of settled on the sensors.

Mine used to splutter, die when idling - TBH i shit it and thought i had a real issue..... then a helpful member came to my rescue and suggested what ive suggested to you and all worked well. :smokin:#

I was also suprised at how much crap there was to come off....... even the cones looked all nice and new!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
1. I would prefer to use something like CO Contact Cleaner - brake-clean can be a bit harsh (though I did use it on my AFMs!!)

2. you put HKS Dirt-Masters on??? silly boy! The HKS mushrooms are utter rubbish! Go for Apexi or K&N cones. I had an HKS mushroom on my rally car, and you would not believe the amount of dust n dirt I had to shake out of the turbo! (not exaggerating either!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts