GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgrading my car over the winter and I am considering going over to syvecs after reading all the benifits on here both safety and performance wise.

I see the syvecs S6 unit is far cheaper than the S8. Has anyone ever used the S6 on a gtr ?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
It may also be worth asking for info on what additional benefits syvecs brings compared to Ecutek given Litchfields Ecutek mapping has come on a long way in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i,am on the latest v4 version of ecutek at the moment and it does mention about the added safety features. Litchfields website mention the low fuel pressure safety, and the the v4 "can" reduce power or put into limp mode if low fuel pressure is detected.

"can" I read this as it is not done as standard. Can anyone confirm this ?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
i,am on the latest v4 version of ecutek at the moment and it does mention about the added safety features. Litchfields website mention the low fuel pressure safety, and the the v4 "can" reduce power or put into limp mode if low fuel pressure is detected.

"can" I read this as it is not done as standard. Can anyone confirm this ?
Best call Litchfield and speak to Ian he has experience of both platforms and he can tell you the pros and cons of both. He will know much moe detail than your average forum member.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried ringing today but no answer, I will try again tomorrow.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try Jonny cocker he's using Motec ecu with great success. Just another option if your thinking about changing.

Graham

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers I will look into the motec option

·
Registered
644 Posts
I tried ringing today but no answer, I will try again tomorrow.
Cheers
He didnt answer today because we were on track all day :p

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you trying to achieve? That might help the decision.
Some kind of safety factor , I need to do a bit of research into what the ecutek "can" do safety wise and does do as standard.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
MrW

Sorry was at Silverstone yesterday :) Feel free to call this afternoon and I talk you through the options. We had the very first Syvec GTR unit and its engine control is exceptional and like for like you will get more power over the standard ECU. The extra features it has are also very useful for getting every last drop of performance out of a setup. If your car is heavily modified then it might be the way forward. I have not tried Motec yet but I'm sure it is very good as well.

If the car is relatively standard then it might be sensible to stick with the Ecutek as there are loads of safety features that can be enabled with custom maps.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After speaking to Iain I think I will stick with the the ecutek for the moment and see how I get on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
After speaking to Iain I think I will stick with the the ecutek for the moment and see how I get on.
Ecutek is awesome, especially when mapped by the right people, we have ecutek tuning from Litchfields and our car made a healthy 569 wheel power which is very healthy for a stage 1 gtr, that's around 640-650 flywheel power, and ran a healthy

I think ecutek will do the job you want and it's not a lot of money compared to after market ecus , my neibours has a 900hp gtr and it runs ecutek very happily....... That car is built and mapped by Iain aswell

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ecutek is awesome, especially when mapped by the right people, we have ecutek tuning from Litchfields and our car made a healthy 569 wheel power which is very healthy for a stage 1 gtr, that's around 640-650 flywheel power, and ran a healthy

I think ecutek will do the job you want and it's not a lot of money compared to after market ecus , my neibours has a 900hp gtr and it runs ecutek very happily....... That car is built and mapped by Iain aswell
640-650 at Stage 1. Was this a custom map (road or rollers) or generic pre-loaded?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

Stock injectors won't make that. I think it's an optimistic dyno, I'm guessing your WHP is more like your FWBHP. Still good for a Stage 1, though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My car will be some where the 900 bhp mark when it's finished next year so that's reassuring .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts