GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just want to check anyone who is not a commercial tuner, tweaking their Syvecs or Motec standalone ECU's. Used to tune my own Subaru and Evo after I got fstopped going back to Tuners to tweak xyz. Did a hands on course back in the day which was called EFi101 and progressed from there very similar to the HPAcademy videos but you were live at a centre with a car, had to strap down a car on dyno, blah blah, tune xyz, etc. Then learn bit by bit on your own car. RIsky but after a while you knew what was safe and not safe to do.

Anyway back to a GTR want to know if anyone out there is tuning their own. Only really interested in feedback from those doing it rather than those taking back to tuners.

Thanks

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
I’ve got an emtron ecu but its still new and unfitted, projects running very late.
It was a better buy than the other two for me And offering more than I’ll ever need.
You’ve got Mark Shead on the end of the phone for technical.
It will be left unlocked to have access myself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got an emtron ecu but its still new and unfitted, projects running very late.
It was a better buy than the other two for me And offering more than I’ll ever need.
You’ve got Mark Shead on the end of the phone for technical.
It will be left unlocked to have access myself.
Wow excellent!! Im going to check this out and Skint my project has progresed a bit now with c960bhp with wheel spin on rollers and potential AWD controller issue im looking at. c850lb/ft but ive gone for original injectors and 1300 secondaries. g30-770's but ill post up some more when i get a none issue dyno. Here is my car on dyno http://instagr.am/p/CMMFFBbnj96/ I now know Im gonna be in tweaking mode I may up the primary injectors at some point to fully unleash the beast but I want the ability to tweak without going to Tuner all the time.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Syvecs S7i plus seems a good option having had issues with Haltech Elite 2500 it’s my likely option going forwards.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I’m moving towards Syvecs plus myself. Now I have so much bhp and torque I’m finding Im slightly tuning the car every weekend to get it perfect for launching through the gears and I’ve only got basic parameters enabled in ECUtek and the awd control. Suspension also adjustable. these types of things you don’t want to keep going back to tuner for, just base tune, get it good then tweak away. I know the risks and accept them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I’ve just gone Syvecs, Motec is almost unheard of in the UK but preferred in the US but comes in around 10K

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, after chatting to iain Lichfield I’ve chosen to go Motec dash and ecu. I will keep you informed on progress once I get the car back in a few weeks. But up to yet iain tells me the car is running very well. And every thing is easy to use ie connecting reading files and all that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, after chatting to iain Lichfield I’ve chosen to go Motec dash and ecu. I will keep you informed on progress once I get the car back in a few weeks. But up to yet iain tells me the car is running very well. And every thing is easy to use ie connecting reading files and all that kind of stuff.
To be fair SVM/Linney had said the same. As this will be my last GTR I just wanted to just have a kind of ultimate swansong GTR (without going much beyond 1000bhp and drivable on street).

Definitely come back and let us know as really interested to hear but understand MOTEC is more expensive as you would need a license as well.

I do however like the training support here MoTeC M1 Software Tutorial but they now have Syvvecs as well and Syvvecs seems more widely supported and cheaper? That MOTEC dash, MOtec ECU fitting and tuning would be setting you back £10 - 12k is my guess?

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
You need to figure out what you actually want from the ecu and if any future mods required, then pick the one that suits your needs best.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, MOTEC and Syvvecs appear to do the same from what I can see (would need someone who knows the inside of both to answer if any major differences) and that is safety additions with sensors and taming launch, traction, AWD for me. These appear to be the best for track but yet provide for everyday drivability.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you explain a bit more? I have upgraded linney front dif, awd, fwd and awd controller.. also rear dif. Ta

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
I was wondering if your sending more power to the front have you upgraded the stuff to handle more power.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was wondering if your sending more power to the front have you upgraded the stuff to handle more power.
Oh yes, no way would send to front unless LSD, AWD, etc done. Must say doing that, grip is ridiculous. also cant run it using Nissans standard Traction control as its now too intrusive. So use Tuners TC with some tweaks on AWD controller I find map 2 (linney) works well for normal driving, map 3 for launching (not LC but just accelerating is close to launching now) but at least I dont need to shock the trans. Just accelerate and just hang on.
So now just want something even better to really tweak small bits at a time, especially as track season coming up. Custom control on Ecutek manages slip, 1st gear torque, 2nd gear torque and can adjust TCM (touchpoints, etc) to help slip a little.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I used Motec on my R34 GTR and use Syvecs on my R35 GTR.

ECU technology has moved on significantly between the two, but you are still opening an injector and timing a spark whichever system you go for.

The level of adjustable parameters with Syvecs was a bit of a shock, but have to say it does a great job now I am familiar.

Syvecs runs in closed loop for fuel at all times, so even if you get the fuel map wrong, the ECU is still going to chase the desired lambda value.

Knock detection and developing the ignition map is great on Syvecs, you also have maths channels that you can apply to your logs that I love.

You can stray into messing with the clutch map - I posted a thread on here earlier about that, Injector split, injector balance, all very interesting to do, but can be a challenge keeping to the speed limit with over 1000 Wheel HP.

I found that going to an airfield and practising launches etc was great value.

Would love to see the Dyno sheet on your G30-770's Reano? I have modified my turbos by messing with the compressor cover and the compressor wheel, but am intrigued with the G series turbos.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts