GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, a HKS T51r compressor map?

Thanks

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Apparently it's not far from this.

Some of my calculations for my car. It explains some of the boost characteristics.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HKS won't release the compressor maps for there turbos.
Ah, nuts...

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not having any problems. I just want to look at one to see what boost/efficiency it is on my car and how it compares to other turbos.

I know its always a little vague because I don't know the exact figs like pressure drop, volumetric effiency etc, but it would give me an idea IF this is the right turbo for me. Gary mentioned about your thoughts on the hybrid idea.

I'd have thought that HKS would supply this info. I would help justify the extra expence.

Looking at the info and with an educated guess, everythings looking good, it would just be nice to get a glance at the bigger picture.

3,665 Posts
I can see both side of the coin as to speak. HKS paid for the development so do they really want anyone copying what they have paid for, but then can people really work out without the info that the turbo will work with there motors.

Espec like you and me with our 3.0ltr motors.

I would say the KAI will flow through the exhaust housing approx 850 bhp of air , I say this as we find the exhaust housings are the limiting factors on most blowers, have you measured exhaust pressure before the turbine housing?

We have a hybrid being built using only HKS parts so wont be cheap , but not giving to much away it will use parts from a T04 and a T51 and will go on my 34 to see how it works.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You also have to bear in mind that compressor maps can only really be used for very approximate sizing. This is due to the compressor maps being generated under ideal manufacture conditions. This is normally achieved with a constant speed drive on the shaft, a 12 -18inch feed to the compressor inlet with an ideal plenum on the other end. By the time you look at `as-installed` compressor maps they can be vastly different. Particularly around the surge line. Estimates of actual pressure ratio and flow are also enough on there own to make this type of comparison less than useful.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate that it's only a approximate guide, but wouldn't it be soo nice to actually have one??

I've not yet measured the back pressure. It will be an interesting thing to have and to see how the cam overlap effects it.

So much science and so little equipment:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts