GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my car yesterday in Edinburgh

Got to say it was a pleasurable experience. David had kept me in the loop all week, arranged for the Tracker installation (non Nissan). Handover excellent, nice flowers for the boss, overall very pleased.

New Satnav manuals are here now, I got mine yesterday and they have posted them out to the guys how are waiting for them. Just need Postman Pat now :runaway:

On the car itself.......awesome such a struggle to keep under 3500 revs.

My opinion (easily pleased) is that the Bose is excellent. Have not tried the music box yet. Converted the rear lights, less than 10 minutes (GTC version). £160 well spent.

Looking like a Y pipe at 1200 mile check, need a run in one if anybody is around central Scotland. :clap:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
good to hear about your experience.

after a bad experience with Nissan Uk, throoughout the original ordering process back in 2008 its good to hear your dealer experience was up to the job

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In reference to your signature, are you still waiting for your car or have you taken delivery?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

Got to say it was a pleasurable experience. David had kept me in the loop all week, arranged for the Tracker installation (non Nissan). Handover excellent, nice flowers for the boss, overall very pleased.

New Satnav manuals are here now, I got mine yesterday and they have posted them out to the guys how are waiting for them. Just need Postman Pat now :runaway:

My opinion (easily pleased) is that the Bose is excellent. Have not tried the music box yet. Converted the rear lights, less than 10 minutes (GTC version). £160 well spent.

Looking like a Y pipe at 1200 mile check, need a run in one if anybody is around central Scotland. :clap:
See you on the 8th in Fintry and you can hear my Milltek :D

Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Nobles have been great to me too.

I found lot of evening drives helped get passed the 1200 miles ASAP :)

Enjoy :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
good to hear about your experience.

after a bad experience with Nissan Uk, throoughout the original ordering process back in 2008 its good to hear your dealer experience was up to the job
Well hello! :clap: My Supra Buddy is back!

That post was a bit too unceremonious for the comeback of the once most prolific contributor in the R35 section. You've had a year off, and my post count still isn't as high as yours!

To get slightly back on topic, my handover experience at Nobles was also excellent, so are you thinking of re-ordering? Have you been coming up-to-date with the positive feedback from all the folk who have taken delivery? My Supra's going to Hypertec this week if you fancy getting together to chat about my GT-R experience so far.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hiya there suprabro!! - how are you?? - think we kep missing one another at Duncs!

yes, been on sabbatical. - an as most posters on here will know, i decided to take some time out with the GTR, let the dealers get settled down, and then, only then, might i consider getting one.

In the intervening period however, i managed to add to the collection and bagged a mint low miles Sierra Cosworth 3dr, 1986 vintage, and believe it or not, totally std.

anyway, my wife and i have decided to sell one of our 2 seaters, and the 355 spider is probably the one to go. we've narrowed down to the bentley continental Gt, 612 Scaglietti, or the GTR. we met Richard and David noble at nobles yesterday morning for a test drive in their grey GTR. - wow, lovely car, reminds me of my old Supra Twin Turbo, or our old 300ZX, but wow, just so much more brutal....... - despite all of that, the car was as expected out on the rd, with plenty of kid room in the back, and the buggy fitted just fine in the boot, and quite docile to drive too.

So.................. - have asked nobles to give us a price for the spider and will compare with the deals we've had elsewhere...., but certainly liked the GTR. - colourwise we had originally ordered Silver back in 2008, premium edition. But having seen the Frost white car in Nobles' showroom, my wife prefers the white - maybe just as well we didnt go ahead with the order last year based on the colour charts as white didnt look good in the pics!!

Suprabro - can you remind me the spec of your GTR??

Am off to have a chat with Dunc at Hypertech this afternnon and get the dumpvalve tweaked ono the WR1........, plus a good chat about GTR's, Scagliettis etc

glad to be back guys........, and maybe, just maybe, if the right deal comes along..........

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
In reference to your signature, are you still waiting for your car or have you taken delivery?
Hi Lindsaymac,

sorry, dont have a GTR at the mo........ -long story of poor service from Nissan im afraid, but now that things have settled down, and if a deal looks good, then might be tempted. - am really interested in your own experiences of Nissan/Nobles, as its the wee things like this which will sway us one way or the other.....

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hiya there suprabro!! - how are you?? - think we kep missing one another at Duncs!
I'm doing great thanks. I'm very much enjoying my GT-R - the Supra isn't getting a look-in!
But having seen the Frost white car in Nobles' showroom, my wife prefers the white - maybe just as well we didnt go ahead with the order last year based on the colour charts as white didnt look good in the pics!!
Are you aware that they changed the white colour? The newer colour has been getting rave reviews. I think the original colour was called pearl white and the new colour is called storm white, but don't quote me.
Suprabro - can you remind me the spec of your GTR??
I went for a Gun Metallic Premium Edition Sat-Nav with the black interior. It is EXACTLY the spec I wanted. The only thing I've added is the dealer-fit reverse parking sensors. If you remember, when we first ordered I was frustrated that I couldn't get the grey wheels with an all black interior, but they eventually changed the specs.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi supraman,

Thats great news about your own GTR experience - definitely must meet up at Duncs. i could prob make an eve this week, or certainly any time over the coming weekend. - would love to see your car mate. - still remember all those posts back in the early days of the R35 forum.

Wasnt aware about the change in white colour - maybe thats why the new colour (almost a pearlescent) looked so much better than what we previously remembered, in our humble opinion of course.

Just back from Duncs and got the WR1 dumpvalve sorted out now.

Let me know when suits to catch up mate.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hi supraman,

Thats great news about your own GTR experience - definitely must meet up at Duncs. i could prob make an eve this week, or certainly any time over the coming weekend. - would love to see your car mate. - still remember all those posts back in the early days of the R35 forum.

Wasnt aware about the change in white colour - maybe thats why the new colour (almost a pearlescent) looked so much better than what we previously remembered, in our humble opinion of course.

Just back from Duncs and got the WR1 dumpvalve sorted out now.

Let me know when suits to catch up mate.

Cheers
come up to The Clachan hotel in Fintry next Sunday? A few of us are planning to meet up, you can see a few cars up close.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
what sort of time will you guys be there??
It's in this post
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125572-scottish-meet-8th-nov-2.html#post1188405

Sorry it's half way down the sticky but the mods know better than me as to where to post the details of a meet :chairshot

Copied from that thread.

Date: Sunday 8 November 2009
Time: Meet from 1215 / Lunch 1300
Venue: The Clachan Hotel, Fintry

I met Charles Charlie yesterday near Southport, and a nicer guy you couldn't meet.
Hee's been the guinea pig for some much of what's gone on here.
So i'm happy to pass on his ethos to developing the R35. eg I have 'parking sensors' test by CC.
I'm going down the sound route next. I was hoping i'd have had the install done by the 8th, but not looking likely as they are meticulous in the design and install. But once i get it done i'm happy to give other owners a demo.

Hope to help you decide on your next car.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Lindsay,

Did you by any chance see my ultimate silver while you were in, mine is the one with the W23GTR plates on it. David sent me some pics as I can't get into get mine yet due to work comittments. I have found Nobles great throughout the whole deal and can't wait to get back to pick it up. I have the four light kit and the Miltek on mine for pickup.

Ally

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have to be rude and tell you that I had only eyes for one ultimate silver......mine LOL. I fitted the light kit myself, 5 minute job £160. I am needing a run in a Y pipe model at motorway speed to convince me its the way to go, the new nav models definitely sound louder that the earlier non nav models. Just a we bit quite on start up though. Work commitments, I guess your a rig pig like me??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must have been drunk when I typed that, above.

Just a wee bit quiet on start up is how it was meant to read........

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi Ally,

Im sure i saw it at the right hand side of the showroom on Saturday morning when we were in for the test drive - it drove well, even at 9000 rpm! :D, ........ - i had a good look round and it was the reg plate which caught my eye initially - thought it was all set to go to some lucky customer on saturday - looks good though.......

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Have you got your car now ally??? - better hury up before someone else snatches it.........;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have you got your car now ally??? - better hury up before someone else snatches it.........;)
No I don't have it yet. I'm still stuck in Norway working. Nobles have picked up my sons Fiesta ST as I traded in in when he took my STI. My insurance are sending through my docs and then I just have to wait. I knew this job was coming up and had hoped the car would be here around the 16th of Oct. Unfortunately this didn't happen and I ended up away. Shame as I'm missing decent weather for running it in. I can see it coming home and going in the garage.:bawling:

Ally

1 - 20 of 20 Posts