GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fella's,

Just wondering how many (if any) of you would fancy a trip to the Nurburgring next year? I'm thinking about March/April time. Hopefully my car will be ready by then. What do you think?

I plan on doing the trip in one go and staying for a full weekend maybe take a Friday and Monday off work. It will be the full Nordschlieffe (14 miles) and it will be open for a trackday, i.e. will not have a toll booth stopping you after your laps. I'm going there to do a bit of filming for a club I'm in...with 400bhp and 1250kg I'm hoping for an 8min30 (8min flat if i'm dreaming).

Any takers?

James:smokin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi James,

A whole bunch of us were going to be going over during the Easter hols, but it appears that Wheeltorque has managed to book the circuit completely for Easter Sunday and Monday. :mad: Still, if it is open on the Friday and Saturday we might venture over.

It'll be my fifth trip over there, and depending on your knowledge of the circuit, I reckon that in an R33 you should be in the low 8's. I would hope to be doing this kind of time if I went over there in one. :)

Matt

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am up for that !!

Hi James

I think there is a Lot of people that would like a go at the ring I for One will be doing it some time next year!

if you have a look back in the meeting section there are a few treds about this, if you are looking to do some of the leg work I think there will be a lot of intrest!

come up with some dates and some prices and people will fall in line!!

Skyline on mass to the Ring got my Vote and Jamies and Phils and I bet Peter E will be up for that (How about it Weston?)
Nick (New Car) Welsh I am sure will find a way to be there

So it looks like all we need is a time and we will be there!

Regards

Bruce

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sure am up for the 'Ring next year, at least three visits, I hope.... Ask Dan what happens if you keep pushing at the 'Ring..

JamesW, I spotted your posts on the 'Ringers eGroup and if I can offer some advice - Don't aim for recording a decent lap time unless you've already learned the circuit.. I've done about 50 laps and still get lost (but I am thick :rolleyes: ) and the 'Ring is very unforgiving..

I'm planning my first trip for May, to try and avoid the foul weather, anyones' welcome to come along.

Dave

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Learning the track layout by games

I heard of a game called Grand Prix Legends that has the full 13/14 mile Nordschleiffe circuit on it. As far as I'm aware this game is PC only. Does anyone know of any PS or PS2 games that have the Nurburg? I think that it would be reasonably useful. I used TOCA2 to learn Donnington before I raced there Came 16th though! :p

Cheers.

James

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Ring + Monaco?

Dear All,

I'm currently planning a trip to the Nurburgring the middle of week 21 (Starting 20th May 2002). I'm then looking to drive down through the Alps to Monaco for the Grand Prix on the 26th May. Is anybody interested in partaking in the whole of this little jaunt (Skyline Alpine convoy), or perhaps just coming along for the first Nurburgring element?

My times and dates are fixed, having made arrangements with the ring for Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd, but I would welcome anyone else along.

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm with you !!!

Happy New Year Mr Jarron,

As discussed - I would like to put my name down to participate ( or feed you lucozade ), in what I'm sure will be another "story to tell at the pub in later years" Not that anyone beleives what we get up to anyhow...

P:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts