GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I run an upholstery business and have recently bought an all singing and dancing CNC fabric cutting machine (also does leather, vinyl etc). I can take digital measurements of templates using an electronic pen and then upload them to the CAD software and make alterations then cut on our CNC. Accuracy is 99% so pretty awesome!

I have been looking at getting my seats retrimmed to match the green but then I had a crazy idea when talking to one of the shopfloor lads. Why not try it myself as a bit of fun? Didn't like the idea of messing around with my originals.. BUT...

Vernon had his seats for sale so I thought I would take them up and "toy" with them when I got a chance.

Just picked them up today and I have had a quick look at can see that the seat cover is held in placing through:
Zips, Plastic clips, metal hog rings (it's what we call them in the bedding industry).
Notice the leather is glued to some thin foam too which is quite interesting as usually we just buy leather hides without any backing/foam.
I was wondering whether anyone has any guide / info on taking the seat apart to get access to the cover? I will be able to figure it out but if someone else has info it would be appreciated!

It will cost me more than getting someone else to do it but think there is a lot more satisfaction doing it yourself (or at least being heavily involved)!

Thanks,

Buzz

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I'd give it a while before I bumped, surely must have someone out there with some knowledge?! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts