GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to rest my Skyline for the winter, as don't want to subject the old girl to salty roads, or crash her in poor conditions. Presume many of you do the same.
Is there anything in particular I need to do? such as keep starting her up once a week etc? Or just remove the battery and cover the car up. I have a link ecu, is it worth taking it inside to avoid subjecting it to subzero temps or has that just being daft?
Probs going to be for 3 months or so, dec - march

·
Registered
502 Posts
Make sure its clean outside, underneath and inside. You can connect the battery up to a conditioner in the car, but its better to remove it and keep it in the warm inside, just make sure it stays fully charged.

Fuel tank is better if full to the top, stops moisture in the tank and helps prevent rusting.

Good idea to change the engine oil if its going to be for a long time so there are no harmfull chemicals and such like you find in used oil.

I always put some moisture absorbing crystals in a few trays round the inside of the car.

Spray the brakes and coilovers with WD40 just for some extra protection.

I don't start mine, but I do use fogging oil.

Inside a garage or outside?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outside mate, goin to buy a cover though I think. Only adjusted coilovers a fortnight ago so they're well covered in wd40 luckily. Change the oil before or after the winter? Planning on resting the car for 3 months or so just till the shitty weather gone and they no salting the roads

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
CTEK charger. :)

If you are going to park a Skyline up over winter inside is the way to go IMO, or get a decent cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts