GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Where's the best place to tap the block for an oil pressure gauge? To the left of the oil housing?

I'm using a rb20 oil filter housing on an rb26 to remove the standard oil cooler/heat exchanger. I would like to keep things simple and also seperate so I don't want to take feeds from a sandwich plate, relocation kit etc.

thanks, Scott.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
To be honest, both my stock oil pressure sender and my aftermarket gauge read from the same port (stock location, behind the oil filter) - some clever plumbing has the two sensors in series so they both read the same pressure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, both my stock oil pressure sender and my aftermarket gauge read from the same port (stock location, behind the oil filter) - some clever plumbing has the two sensors in series so they both read the same pressure.
Using the rb20 filter housing removes the standard oil pressure sender so I need to find an alternative. Otherwise I would plumb it in just like you. I'm just removing every vacuum, coolant, oil lines etc. that can be to simplify things.

RSVFOUR........I've just been out and had a look. I've found a thread just behind the oil filter location which has a bolt in it capping it off. Maybe that could be it?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Using the rb20 filter housing removes the standard oil pressure sender so I need to find an alternative. Otherwise I would plumb it in just like you. I'm just removing every vacuum, coolant, oil lines etc. that can be to simplify things.

RSVFOUR........I've just been out and had a look. I've found a thread just behind the oil filter location which has a bolt in it capping it off. Maybe that could be it?
Just drill and tap straight in to the rb20 housing.
I put both oil temp and pressure sensors in there.

Asim

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I know you dont have a relocation kit.

I have the trust oil filter relocation and wanted to ask if its okay to take the reading from the sandwich plates, because they have black grommets which l suspect are 1/8bsp same as the oil pressure sensor.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
its not the temperature reading that l am looking for, its the oil pressure.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
sandwich plate is fine; unless you're one hell of a confident machinist I wouldn't be tapping into the block. The tapping and threading part is easy; it's the swarf I'd stay up nights worrying about (did I get it all out? should I have flushed the block one more time before assembly? etc...)

·
Registered
301 Posts
How have you simplified the lines buddy? intrested in what uv done as i really would like to make mine as easy to work on as poss :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts