GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some amateur pics while we wait for the proper stuff from DCD :)

Worst stuff at the show (for me)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Great Photos,

Is the TS Supra one with a V12 ?

Not sure abput the 30" Wheels and the BMW

Nigel

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Photos,

Is the TS Supra one with a V12 ?

Not sure abput the 30" Wheels and the BMW

Nigel
Hi Nigel,

Yes the gold one is the 5 litre V12 twin turbo with their new wide body kit. It also has an awesome fuel setup and the radiator is relocated to the rear!
The white one is the demo model for the wide body kit.

The BM in the last photo is the complete antithesis of what TAS should be about :chairshot

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
V12 5 L Twin turbo, that sounds great, what engine is it they have used?

I do like the body Kit

Nigel

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
V12 5 L Twin turbo, that sounds great, what engine is it they have used?

I do like the body Kit

Nigel
It's the engine from the Toyota Century (typical government limo), the only V12 made in Japan I think.
It's quite similar to two 1JZs on a common crank.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Some more info on the TS Supra

The 1ZE-GE engine came out of a Toyota century, which is the only V12 engine made by a Japanese auto manufacturer. Smokey Nagata had this idea for a while however the engine could not be sourced until recently. The 1ZE V12 configuration is best described as that of two 2.5 liter sraight 6 cylinder 1JZ setups paired up running next to each other in harmony.

In stock forn, th V12 puts out 280ps & 49kg/m of torque.
"Although the oil pan and the engine mounts need to be fabricated, the swap seems relatively simple. I was worried about the fit but the engine fit pretty snug." claims smokey.

Further plans include twin GT turbines mounted on each side, and the target is 1000 horsepower. A Getrag 6 speed transmission with ORC triple plate clutch will be used. Just like the V35 GTR that Top Secret had mde in the past, the electronic fly by wire will be switched to a traditional cable system and 2 Fcon Vpro units will be installed.

The Supra is planned to be outfitted with Top Secret's prototype 2007 wide body kit which looks nothing like their previous GT300 series kit.
Smokey says "I've always had love for the Supras, and this V12 version is my image of the Supra of the future. I have built many Supras in the past, but this version will be the last evolution. The completion will be just in time for the Tokyo Auto Salon."

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's from an Option magazine article last month from an interview quite a bit earlier.
It already has two GT2540s on it, which they are going to swap for a more modern variant soon.
Supposed to be 800ps on low boost and 1000ps on high boost.

·
6,821 Posts
Great pics Bean, the Supra also grows on me, the white one without stickers and different wheels, in Targa, would look the nuts.
I think that the Supra deserved a little make over, as the NSX, RX7 and S2000 have many bodyconversions on the market . . . . that century V12 looks mayhem, would love to hear the sound . .:clap:
The Bimmer looks crap, nice for the US, but the TAS should keep it clean and not fall into no-limit body tuning . .
Actually this forum seems to be the number one resource about TAS2007 pictures on the net, thanks guys:thumbsup:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Bean - The pics dont seem to be showing up....says 'Image not found' ?

Ohhhhhh I wanna see this new TS supra !!! I wish I'd gone to Japan now :(

·
6,821 Posts
Hahaha I 've seen them;) . . Bean your server might be dead.
I really like the white Supra . . .

1 - 20 of 42 Posts