GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy genuine TE237 Volks rims can I get them with the right size spigot hole in them for Skyline hubs, or do they come oversize and they expect you to use a spigot ring adaptor? What mag alloy, forged, one piece, quality, lightweight rims are there available that DEFINITELY come with the correct size hole machined in the rim without recourse to adaptors? Looking at 18 inch rims only, thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
don't know about volk special order but the majority of jap wheels for the gtr i've seen are oversized (generally 73mm) inc the Prodrives made by Rays. The only wheels that i know are 66.1mm? are the OE 17" forged R33 gtr rims and i therefore guess the R34 gtr are too and also the optional Rays wheels on the 350Z.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I suspected as much as I get to work on lots of MKIV Supras and some are on these rims. They have all needed (but not necessarily used.... :)) adaptor rings. Disappointing given their cost they come with a generic hub spigot hole size. I'll have to get somewhere like Image Wheels to make a set up and accept billet centres and 3 piece. Thanks again.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i had compomotives machined out on one of my cars to a perfect fit so i didnt use spigots,
also wondering why you dont want to use them?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically because they are a total **** up :) I object to being charged premium prices for a wheel that doesn't fit without a fudge. A properly made, seated and specced steel or alloy ring may be acceptable, some bit of plastic most certainly isn't ;) It's one of my pet hates in the world of after market parts, alongside dampers that are all anodising, packaging and advertising that are total junk inside.

·
Registered
597 Posts
wonder if rays nismo wheels would be the correct size since they are primarily for Nissans?. also the sprigot rings on mine are alloy if that helps (came over with the car).

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I'm pretty sure my LMGT1's were the correct centre bore size with no spiggot ring needed from what I remember. I have heard that they're not the best for track use as the centres are brittle and prone to cracking apparentley. Not sure about the GT3 or GT4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts