GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These wheels are a common fitment for skylines but i havent seen a comparison of the weights listed like for like.

I have had a set of both for some time and finally got round to weighing them.

Both have AD08Rs 265/35/18 fitted

Te37 20.7kg (full tread)
Rota 21.6kg (3mm tread)

Yokohama list the shipping weight of the tyre as 12.6kg

Rays TE37SL 8.1kg
Rota Grid Drift 9kg (+some rubber)

So around a kilo difference or 5% reduction of the wheel/tyre combine weight for 300% the price. Standard man maths.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
When this forum had some life, this would have been a good thread. Lol :popcorn:

A few years ago I weighed - admittedly with bathroom scales in a garage attic - an Enkei NT03 18 x 9.5 and a Rota MXR-R 18 x 10 both with new 18" 888s. The Enkei's were 1kg lighter.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Never had any problem with my rotas in 3 years. Bought new and with 35 profile tyres too!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
These wheels are a common fitment for skylines but i havent seen a comparison of the weights listed like for like.

Te37 20.7kg (full tread)
Rota 21.6kg (3mm tread)

Rays TE37SL 8.1kg

So around a kilo difference or 5% reduction of the wheel/tyre combine weight for 300% the price. Standard man maths.
rotas are cast and the TEs are forged... a bit more than a 300% markup for a name, huh #britmaths

You get what you pay for. I still cant believe there are people on this earth who put rotas on GTRs.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,181 Posts
rotas are cast and the TEs are forged... a bit more than a 300% markup for a name, huh #britmaths

You get what you pay for. I still cant believe there are people on this earth who put rotas on GTRs.
Loads of people put cast wheels on GTRs. The world is still turning OK.

Anyway if you want to be a wheel snob it's all about carbon wheels nowadays. Metal wheels are for the peasants who cannot afford a decent set of carbons. They are so common even Corvettes get them now...

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,181 Posts

Te37 20.7kg (full tread)
Rota 21.6kg (3mm tread)

Rays TE37SL 8.1kg

I'll have to check but I think that my 17x9 TE37s are about 8kg. So I'm impressed that the 18s are about the same!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts