GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not in any rush, I spend hours searching through posts and learning all I can.
Can people tell me what below is, and does please.
I wanna learn and sythen or suck everything you know.
I know basics about engines so you dont have to talk like I'm your mom.

Cheers RGT

F-Con V Pro with MAP Sensor
Bar
Apexi AVC-R
Solenoid
EMS made by AEM
Power FC
Elbows
Coils
A Lambda

P.S i put loads of words in the title so its easy to find when people are looking for the meaning of these things.
Sticky Worthy?

·
Registered
232 Posts
i will try some people will be able give a better explanation

f-con pro - this is a ECU made by HKS japan it replaces your standard ecu completely and the map sensor, (others WILL tell you more about this) but it eliminates the need for your air flow meter

Bar- this is a measurment used to measure the presure your turbo is running
1 bar = 14.4 psi (pound per square inch)a standard gtst runs .8 of a bar

AVCR - is a electronic device that allows you control the presure of your turbo, so from in the car you could change the boost from .8 to, well anything realy and the more boost you run the quicker the car is (that last statment is true to a certain point there are lots of other things to take into account you can not just but turbo car and run 3 ar boost)

solenoid - this comes with the AVCR this is the unit that actualy changes the flow of air from the actuator to the turbo so if you change the boost in the car on the avcr this sends a message to the solenoid , a standard car also has one

power fc - again this is a replacement ecu same idea as the f con pro but this one is made by apexi both do the same overall job but have derent functions

elbow - this bolts to the exhaust side of the turbo and then to your exhaust, it is shaped like a elbow

coils - these supply the electricity to the spark plugs, skylines have one coil per spark plug

lamba - this is a sensor in the exhaust, this reads what is comeing out of the exhaust it tells the ecu what the car is doing ie running rich or lean

THESE ARE VERY ROUGH EXPLANATIONS THERE ARE MORE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE BUT I COULD BE SITTING HERE ALL DAY

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
F-Con V Pro with MAP Sensor
A programmable ECU by HKS which allows you to remove the air flow meters

Bar
A measurement of pressure (1 Bar + 14.5ish Psi)

Apexi AVC-R
IIRC A boost controller made by Apexi

Solenoid
Basically a valve opened and closed by application of a voltage

EMS made by AEM
Another programmable ECU, this time manufactured by AEM

Power FC
Yet another programmable ECU made by Apexi. Quite popular with the Skyline lot for its cost effectiveness and abundance of good mappers.

Elbows
Bits that bolt on to the exhaust side of the turbo, connecting to the downpipes. There are different designes and manufacturers of these.

Coils
On a skyline, the bits that generate the spark, mounted above the spark plug. On an older car this would have been taken care of by a distributor.

Lambda
A sensor that calculates the air/fuel ratio and provides the ECU with the information for closed loop systems

There you go mate. Simplistic I know but I'm in a hurry :chuckle: :chuckle:

TT

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Aww, beat me to it :)

TT

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you both.

This is really helpful.

During my school days, everything the teacher said never stuck in my head but all this read once and it stays lol

What is the purpose of the elbow?

·
Registered
232 Posts
thank you both.

This is really helpful.

During my school days, everything the teacher said never stuck in my head but all this read once and it stays lol

same here can tell me all day about the war and stuff and nothing, talk about cars or bikes and it is just in my language

and yes you can def blow turbos using a avcr or similar, incresing boost is adictive you just always want that little bit more, then it all goes wrong :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL yeah I agree. If you didnt live to far away id love to come down and help with the engine rebuild. I love engines especially RBs.
I could listen to people talk about engines all day.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
It connects the turbo's to the rest of the exhaust. Nothing fancy I'm afraid.
There are a few designs such as Mines, Nismo, Trust, HKS etc. Each have their own devotees.

TT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts