GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After changeing my clutch over with a HKS twin plate and coming to the end of the job i went to put my clutch pivot back in. I then realised that i could not put it in so i phone up HKS for some advice, they then inform me of the bad news that i have bought a clutch for a R34 GTR instead of the R33 GTR which i needed.

I bought this clutch off someone on here who informed me it was definitely for a R33 GTR, I will name and shame him if he does not help me out with this.

So I am now asking am i at a complete dead end and i need to take the gearbox off again and swap the clutch over or can i put a R34 pivot arm in there to solve the problem?

Does anyone have any advice for me on this as I am completely gutted after going through the horrible job of doing all that for nothing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Would the R34 GTR release bearing not fit on the R33 pivot arm... or is it a completely different size on the edges?

If not, I suppose you could replace the pivot arm for an R34 one if it does fit. Can't see there being much of a problem doing this, as long as the travel of the arm is about the same as the R33 one.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.
After phoning HKS and abbey etc they have told me i am stuffed and there is no way i can run a R34 clutch on a R33.
Really gutted and now have to sell this clutch to buy the proper one for my car.

Does anyone know how much power a single plate nismo coppermix can hold?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Around 420-450ps IIRC

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Roughly around 414-443bhp.

Very slight difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts