GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would post up recent my experience with Techniclutch who sell clutch kits on Ebay. Really dont want anyone else to experience the shit im going through with this company.

I dont come on here very often but i think this needs to be posted up on the 3 skyline bulletin boards for maximum exposure :)

Moderators if you feel this is out of order please delete it but i am only posting up what has actually happened to me because if i read about anyone else having the same experience as me & it could have been avoided via me posting this up i will kick myself.

I bought the R32GTR fast road techniclutch kit off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4605577591&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 & it arrived in fairly good time i guess. Paid on the sunday & it arrived the next thursday. All was looking good & i was looking forward to having it fitted

I took the car down to Andy at S P Autos on the saturday to get it fitted.

Everything was going well & the gearbox was off in next to no time. That was untill he tried to bolt the clutch to the flywheel & there was no way it was going to fit. The holes on the cover just didn't line up with the pegs on the flywheel.
I was in a bit of a spot at this point as it was a saturday afternoon,my car had no gearbox or clutch & i lived 150 miles away.

I rang the techniclutch number & got through to a guy called John who really didn't seem all that bothered that his clutch didn't fit & that i had no way of getting home & could he help out in some way. I asked him if he would have a word with Andy as he was fitting it & could explain better.
He told Andy to pull the pegs out of the flywheel & just make it fit. When andy questioned the way it would be out of balance he just put the phone down on him!!
I rang back & asked for a refund as it was obvious at this tim we were getting no where & Andy could have a genuine Nissan clutch on the Tuesday.

guess what.............yep he huing up again!!!

Andy said i could take his car home & he would order the nissan clutch on the monday.

When i got home i rang techniclutch again & the guy was seriously out of order. Told me it was tough shit. I was getting no refund & then hung up yet again !!!
I rang back immediately to have a go & the phone was picked up & then put down.

Im £180 out of pocket now so am trying to get a refund via paypal but i guess its going to take a while. I have been told tonight will have to post the clutch back & pay for postage out of my own pocket & probably not get all of my money back either.

All in all not a very nice experience & i would warn others to steer clear of techniclutch.

On a plus note Andy had my car back together Tuesday evening :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
B4sterds, I saw this clutch and thought too good to be true, way way too cheap . sorry i know this wont help but you pay peanuts and usually you get monkeys etc. etc.

Way out of order, go to small claims court, Paypal and Ebay stink at recovering money. Goods sold were not as described you can not lose.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really mate. The pegs were about half a hole out. Drilling new ones & getting it all centred properly 1st time would have been nigh on impossible. Wasn't only the pegs though. The bolt holes were out as well.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EssexStu said:
Odd coz i got 1 of them (with the red pressure plate) and it bolted straight up on my R32 GTR...

Lucky for you mate :D

Is it any good then or is the engine not back in yet?? Just like to know what i missed out on :(

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
How much was the standard nissan clutch? if you want a cheap replacement that could take stage 1 power then is this a good buy - or would one be better off fitting an uprated jobby?

Is the standard nissan item the same as any other single plate clutch?

By the way - bummer about what happened

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Good luck getting it sorted Ed, what a pain. He'd soon give you your money back if you paid him a visit!

Maybe someone on here could use it?

Thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Its bolted upto the flywheel that was in the car, guessing it was std.. weighed about as much as a ford autobox drivewheel, lol

Main reason i went for it was that i had the engine out, decided i should stick a clutch in it, parts were arriving friday and i had 2 days to get it before rebuilding on the saturday and fitting in the car on the sunday.

Been giving her her first few boot fulls past few days (upto 600km) and **** me she quick and no sign of any clutch slip or hint that clutch aint upto spec so all good so far

Hope you manage to resolve the concern mate ?
Just a thought also, did you pay via paypal ? if so, get them involved or get ebay involved as pretty much he is advertising it when its not correct, even if he did send the wrong 1...

Cant advertise a 10mm long bolt and send a 5mm long bolt and say 'sh1t happens' if ya get what i mean

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Do SP Autos know that the pegs are not symetrical, and if put on wrong will seem to be half a hole out?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nisfan yes we tried it every wich way mate but no way it would fit.

Stu yeh i paid via pypal so will be getting some of my money back at least. Clutch is being sent back on Friday :)

Mart the std R32 clutch from nissan comes in at about £250. Thats cover plate,friction plate & bearing. Pretty cheap considering :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Must admit when i first offered her up, got confused about the mis-aligned dowl's, forgotten about that actually.. Do ford clutches all day long and cant get them wrong (unless ya put the clutch in wrong way - doh), but never had any with mis-aligned dowls like that before . Even the mazdas i do dont have them mis-aligned such as the Rx8 etc

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
thanks for the info. £250 sounds pretty good. I might look into that.

If replacing with nissan parts I assume it doesnt matter is its poush or pull - on the off chance, do you know how to tell if you have a push or a pull clutch?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
gtr mart said:
thanks for the info. £250 sounds pretty good. I might look into that.

If replacing with nissan parts I assume it doesnt matter is its poush or pull - on the off chance, do you know how to tell if you have a push or a pull clutch?
Yeh I'd like to know this too as about how to know if you have push or pull.. I have a twin plate would this have needed to be converted.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its to do with the fins on the cover plate. If they're angled towards the gearbox you have a push & if they're to the engine you have a pull. Think thats right :)
Guess you wont know untill you get it out though & i would think you want to know while its still in there. Late 32s have a pull type :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts