GTR Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have a friend here in sweden who ordered a clutch from them. He recived the clutch, and it wasnt right.
He talked to them, sent it back and now they wont give him his money back or a clutch that fit.

Can you give me any advice on the best way to handle this in the UK?
Is there a customer complaint service you can use?
Or any other way?
Anyway. They wont be selling any clutches to skyline owners in sweden anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Techniclutch (AKA Brake and Clutch Clinic)

Yep have read your comments !! Similar to my experiances too....
Bought clutch for GTR R32 and the plate would nod not fit the spline was nowhere near correct.
They said send it back and a refund would be given but guess what after having the phone put down on me and only answering about 3 of my 30 odd e mails and promising a refund !! Yes you guessed it nothing....
Guess I should have read this board first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give them a try !! You bought it from this country so possibly get the support on this the same as we do.
Reckon the more that report this guy the more chance of getting the probz resolved and maybe help the next poor victim.
Good luck let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Techniclutch nightmare !!

Hi I am new to this forum and forums in general !! I would also like to share my experiences with the company called Techniclutch, because if it stops at least one person having the hassle I am having right now then I feel I will have achieved something with this post. I am not actively trying to slate this company I am merely telling my story and voicing my concerns !
I ordered a clutch from them before I went on holiday ( not for my car ) they failed to send it out and then I cancelled it as I was going away. Whilst on holiday money was taken from my account by Nationwide Clutch Distribution, obvioulsy I was not happy as I had cancelled the clutch. In the end my mate decided to have it after all and gave me the money so that worked out in the end.
I then ordered a second clutch from them and it was not delivered despite them taking the money the week before. I called them and said not to bother as I had had enough of the bad service. He told me that it would be returned by the courier company and they would then refund my money which would take 3 - 5 days. I waited, no refund so called them and they said they had recieved it back and the money was definately on its way to my bank. I had no real reason to doubt them but the money didn't arrive and my direct debits went out which resulted in me incurring some bank charges. When I called them back I was told the clutch had been delivered to one of my neighbours. I had NOT recieved the clutch and had been lied to as it had never been recieved back at their office !
I ended up chasing the parcel myself by speaking to the courier company and the neighbour who had apparently signed for it, no such person lived at that address and they had not seen the parcel. The courier company told me to take it up with Techniclutch but when I did the problems really started !! I dont want to waffle on too much so ill try to be brief, to date I have spent hours on the phone to John at Techniclutch and quite a few pounds and 5 weeks later I am STILL waiting for a refund ! I am SO sick of being fobbed off with " i'll call you backs" that I advised John I will be making a money claim on line, but he would not give me his address. I found the invoice from the previous clutch and there is no address on it, if you want to return the clutch or have warranty you have to ring a number - well good luck - he rarely answers !! I have now had to speak to the police who have advised me to email him giving him 7 days to refund my money or they will be taking action. I am having to go down the money claim on line route to get the money for the clutch, phone calls and bank charges ! I am also advising Trading Standards of my troubles and that this company is trading without an address. I will also advise Ebay of the troubles I am having as this is where I too, first dealt with this company. I will let you all know the outcome to this story but I for one will NEVER buy from them again even if it means paying double !!

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
i had a big problem with them years ago too .

a family member helped me out for a new clutch ( money wise ) from them and they sent out the wrong one so we told them and they denied they sent the wrong one even though they was clearly told what model it was for .

months of chasing , letters from my previous tuner as back up of proof , lots of phone calls and so many of those calls was abusive coming from there side butr all to no avail besides trading standards admitting they had complaints about techniclutch .

in the end my family member was around £600 out of pocket even though techniclutch had the clutch sent back to them and all of us was so really really really angry !!! .

techniclutch are a real nasty scamming bunch and should not be allowed to do business .

·
2,671 Posts
Noticed some posts have been removed , any way i certainly wished i had a ebay account back then .

·
2,671 Posts
Iremove pats from someone signing up just to reply to this thread. It's 2 years old
Sorry mook , just a bit of a sore subject for me with me and my family being a victim of techniclutch .......just some thing i cant forget.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts