GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please on the Tein Circuitmaster suspension, are they better than the HKS Hypers the purple ones. The car is used as a fast road car and maybe very/rarely occasionally a few trackdays. Its a R33 GTR with the RIPs RB30/26 running a T04z, currently its at 740 bhp at the fly. I've replaced the brakes with the AP Racing system and now its the suspension that needs to be upgraded, I do want it to be comfortable ride and not jar my teeth fillings out, thanks.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just that someone has offered to give me a set (for nothing) of the circuitmasters though one needs to be replaced, I could buy one new replacement but are they up to the job, as I have no knowledge of how good or bad they are ?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Its just that someone has offered to give me a set (for nothing) of the circuitmasters though one needs to be replaced, I could buy one new replacement but are they up to the job, as I have no knowledge of how good or bad they are ?
Ask Adam (Track Scotland) on here, He has them on the GTR that Fee drives.

...Love my Superstreets, But I need something a little stiffer for track days, toying wsith either the MonoFlex or the Circuit Masters.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I think he may mean Adam Kindness pupsi?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have P.M'd Adam Kindness a couple of days ago, still awaiting his reply, probably away for the New Year..

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a P.M from Adam, unfortunately he has no experience on running the Circuitmasters for road use, but he did say that his opinion would be to change the springs to softer ones for road use, now can anyone suggest what the spring rates should be ??

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The Tein MonoFlex are 7kg front and rear, This is the top spec Street/Track Day shock from Tein, IIRC the Tein Circuit Masters don't come with springs, but mostly the 12kg springs are sold with them.
Hopes this helps.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Got a P.M from Adam, unfortunately he has no experience on running the Circuitmasters for road use, but he did say that his opinion would be to change the springs to softer ones for road use, now can anyone suggest what the spring rates should be ??
If you've got one blown shock then it might be worth having the lot of them worked on. I've heard differing information about the Tein products but I assume that the Circuitmasters are the higher spec items so may be rebuildable. If so a local suspension expert could fix the chuffed one and revalve them to suit whatever spring rate you choose.

If the units are Japan ones then the are probably designed for bloody hard springs. If you fit springs which are too soft the dampers will not have enough adjustment to mate the spring rate (ie they will be over damped). Hence the above comment about revalving.

Might be worth a ring around to see what's possible.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you've got one blown shock then it might be worth having the lot of them worked on. I've heard differing information about the Tein products but I assume that the Circuitmasters are the higher spec items so may be rebuildable. If so a local suspension expert could fix the chuffed one and revalve them to suit whatever spring rate you choose.

If the units are Japan ones then the are probably designed for bloody hard springs. If you fit springs which are too soft the dampers will not have enough adjustment to mate the spring rate (ie they will be over damped). Hence the above comment about revalving.

Might be worth a ring around to see what's possible.
Good advice. Will do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts