GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....I've come to the conclusion that my Tein SuperStreets (Jap Spec) are too soft for the track on the slicks I run (which I love on the road:bawling:)

Does anyone run the MonoFlex on their Skyline for road and trackdays?

Are they liveable with on the road?

I want to keep with Teins (I have a EDFC controller) and figure the Mono tube shocks are a better way to go, and will have harder springs/damping for the track.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I've got Tein monoflex coilovers on my 32 - I run them on the softest setting for road and run on the track on their hardest.

I can't say I've ever thought of them being harsh on the road, an almost perfect setup.

My previous setup was ohlins and the monoflex are a revelation in handling, ride and performance.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Ok....I've come to the conclusion that my Tein SuperStreets (Jap Spec) are too soft for the track on the slicks I run (which I love on the road:bawling:)

Does anyone run the MonoFlex on their Skyline for road and trackdays?

Are they liveable with on the road?

I want to keep with Teins (I have a EDFC controller) and figure the Mono tube shocks are a better way to go, and will have harder springs/damping for the track.
Monoflex is a great option :thumbsup: I have just had them fitted to my R34 and have ran it on the street, dragstrip and track with super adjustability for all applications. Tweenierob dialled in the settings with the softest setting on the rear for drag (16) and 12 on the front I think. For the track I just turn it all the way to the hardest setting :D It can be a bit bonejarring on some of the poxy streets round my way but I like stiff suspension :clap::clap:

Do it!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I run monoflex on my 33; I'd say a bit stiff for daily road use but live-able. Not tracked it (it's too loud, and I'm too scared :chuckle: )

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I don't drive the car everyday, but also want it to be OK to drive on the road.
Looks like they could be the go.....Should have bloody bought them in the first place instead of softing out and buying the SuperStreets.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I use Mono-flexes on my 32 GT-R (with EDFC) and they're really good on the road on their softer damper settings and we have pretty crappy road surfaces in the south east of the UK. Very good compromise and feels very well damped to me, a revelation as murano3 said :)

Our UK market Tein kits have a 7kg/mm front and rear spring...would that be the same for the NZ market ones as I have a feeling the Japanese market kits use a harder spring ?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure the NZ spec is the same as the UK ones, the SuperStreets however, the UK spec ones have softer springs/damping than the NZ/Jap specs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!! Sorry but I ask these things to you GTR owners cause nobody else was able to help me... All unskilled tuners here in Italy..:( I have just mounted on my impreza MY'00 the Tein Monoflex... I would like to know how to set them, angle of camber, how hard... I know there are 16 levels of dumping force adjustment.. so how hard on front? and how hard on rear?? Are there any others types of adjustments to do more?? I also have mounted all types of Cusco strut bars and stabilizer and also Powerflex silent blocks everywhere... I use the car not so often so I want it just perfect for handling!!:D I don't care about comfort!! Oh I also have 225/35 18''
I don't have the EDFC though...
Any suggestion for setting/adjustement then???
Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You may get some better feedback if you post this on Scoobynet mate. I'm sure there will be lots of guys on there who can help you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Also Skyline's run proper suspension; none of that mcpherson strut nonsense :chuckle:

As above, though, scoobynet will be your best bet: ScoobyNet

·
Registered
3 Posts
I already tried on 22b forum and other forums about subaru but nobody knows how to adjust these monoflex cause nobody mounted them!! I wrote here cause I saw that many of you mounted this type of Tein!! Well I will try on that scoobynet forum... Thank you however!!:)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Sorry for my english but what does "none of that mcpherson strut nonsense" mean?? What did you mean with that??:)
This will help - MacPherson strut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would usually start with suspension on the softest settings and slowly increase them from there until it was enough. With regards to alignment I would use something like the STIs as a starting point. Beyond that actual Scooby owners would be the ones to speak to!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts