GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at changing the suspension on my gtr r34 to these.

How easy is it to adjust the ride height? is it something you can do at the side of the road? cause ideally I would set it the height I have my zeal ones at the mo, then when I need to get on a boat, temp increase it, then when i get off the boat decrease it etc...

also whats the drive like on these?

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
very good! friend had fitted D2's which were shocking! crashing and banging all over the place. Fitting a set of flexes really made the car feel a lot better and not so bad over bumps of london either.

Where abouts in Jersey are you based? from memory the roads in st hellier are a lot better than london roads!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Replied to your PM Christian.

Abbey rate the Tein SS's very highly, so maybe speak to them.

Just for your reference i'm running Nismo S-Tune.

And yeh Robertas is the only way i guess, for your criteria. Mega expensive IIRC. Speak to Amerikiwi on here if you are interested. Although don't know if he still visits here as hes sold his Nur.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
ChristianR said:
east of the island, when was the last time u were over here? roads have gone well down hill in recent years :(
Didnt notice them to be bad at all.. unless I didnt bother to look at the roads lol

I worked there at CPA in st hellier back in 2000-2001 for 6 months, I have fond memories of jersey:)

Need to visit soon me thinks:)

·
Banned
1,758 Posts

height is adjusted by turning the lower mount where as the spring tension is adjusted from the spring seat. Having these independent of each other is ideal as you can adjust the preload on the spring with out bothering about the height and vice versa.

I have these fitted to my R32 and they have so far been excellent.. highly recommended. ooparts international sell these.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Yunis A said:
very good! friend had fitted D2's which were shocking! crashing and banging all over the place. Fitting a set of flexes really made the car feel a lot better and not so bad over bumps of london either.

Where abouts in Jersey are you based? from memory the roads in st hellier are a lot better than london roads!

Whoa, I haven't heard of this one yet. I have it on my CRX and the D2 were spot on, how different was it on the Skyline? Because let me know, I am getting a set of D2 later for my Skyline also.

Did you friend have it on full hard or heavily pre-loaded the springs? I know D2 change their springs for the R32 from F13Kg/R11Kg to F13Kg/R9Kg a while back, so wonder if that have anything to do with it?

Also, setting make a big difference. On my CRX, the pre-load of the springs from 5mm, 2mm, and no pre-load were noticeable different. I run my CRX with no pre-load by the way, it was the best setting for bumpy pot-hole country lane. :D

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Nocturnal said:
Whoa, I haven't heard of this one yet. I have it on my CRX and the D2 were spot on, how different was it on the Skyline? Because let me know, I am getting a set of D2 later for my Skyline also.

Did you friend have it on full hard or heavily pre-loaded the springs? I know D2 change their springs for the R32 from F13Kg/R11Kg to F13Kg/R9Kg a while back, so wonder if that have anything to do with it?

Also, setting make a big difference. On my CRX, the pre-load of the springs from 5mm, 2mm, and no pre-load were noticeable different. I run my CRX with no pre-load by the way, it was the best setting for bumpy pot-hole country lane. :D
He was using a mix of 7 kg at the front and 7kg at the rear with about 3mm of preload just enough to stopp them shaking around. Even on the sofest setting the ride was awfull.

Now he is running tein flexes and has much better feeling and rides the bumps a lot better.

I agree about preload, I set my Apexi N1's with about 8mm and it was so bouncy when goin slow. But not using about 2mm its spot on.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
So carry over from my other post, then I was correct.

Interesting that if he actually use the 13kg/9kg, the ride might actually be better. As I said with the, people with the CRX who decide to use a lower Kg springs actually found that the ride was stuffer/harsher than using a heavier springs. The technical side of it I still don't understand, but it just seems to be the way its turning out.

I really need to get those coilover on my car, give it a proper setting, and see how it goes. So far the quality of the D2 been superb on my CRX, I'll be interested to see how it fair on a bigger, heavier and much faster Skyline. :D

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
he did use the springs that came with it, but the ride was rock solid for london roads. hence why he brought some softers ones, but still was poor ride quality.

do you have some shares in D2? lol:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got the Flex kit on my R33 GTR and I'm very happy with it. Unfortunately for me, but good for you, the RRP price in the UK seems to have come down a fair bit since I bought mine last summer. The good thing about the Tein kits is that you can use the EDFC enabling you to adjust damper settings on the go, it's a great gadget IMO.

The Flex kit isn't much more expensive than the super street with the top mounts. Also the UK kits have slightly different damper and spring settings than the Jap stuff, so I've been told.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unfort Flex kit isn't out for the r34 gtr according to tein, and they are currently out of stock of the SS.

fortunality, Rising Sun Performance have managed to get hold of me the new GReedy suspension that is just out, so that is now on its way to me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts