GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

Has anyone tried to replace/upgrade the telephone microphone that comes with the GTR?

No one can ever hear me on the phone and I was told that the standard mic is designed to pick up sounds reflected off the front screen. If so, it is badly placed!

Any ideas welcome - the car is currently being insulated with Dynamat Extreme which I hope will make some difference too!

Thanks,
H

·
Registered
537 Posts
Morning,

Has anyone tried to replace/upgrade the telephone microphone that comes with the GTR?

No one can ever hear me on the phone and I was told that the standard mic is designed to pick up sounds reflected off the front screen. If so, it is badly placed!

Any ideas welcome - the car is currently being insulated with Dynamat Extreme which I hope will make some difference too!

Thanks,
H
What? sorry will you speak up?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Morning,

Thanks,
H
Hi hambroski, you were right first time about upgrading the mic,cutting holes and moving mik is a waste of time,would like to hear from somebody who has gone on to upgrade the system

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
After moving my mic and originally thinking it was better I've now been at the other end when somebody was using my Bluetooth kit I realised that while it was louder, the quality is awful. When you're on the move, the distortion is terrible and you just can't hear anything.

All that happens now is I just don't use it, I've even considered having an aftermarket parrot Mki 9200 fitted. I've had them in many cars and the difference for a relatively small cost is amazing.

Id happily pay to get the stock mic replaced if possible . So any details anybody has about getting a better mic in the car would be great.

Has anybody ever successfully managed to do it?

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Would love a higher quality mic maybe with TV style foam cover to prevent back ground/wind noise and only the higher level speech....then maybe get the speakers o work and play sound properly it be perfect.

Ok am gonna stick with wired headset after all...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just tried changing the mic to a Parrott mic - but it was a mis-match and the other end of the call could hardly hear me. Just put it back to standard whilst I search for an alternative better mic - the standard one is either poor, or the background noise in the cabin is way too loud for any electronics noise reduction to cope with. I use the mobile a lot and the standard setup on bluetooth is terrible.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
The issue I have and I've just discovered a friend has it with his r35 too is that sometimes a phone call is ok whilst other times there is serious poor quality and distortion. I wonder if the oasis is with some kind of feedback software / electronics or just simply as mentioned before that the mic needs some padding around it to help with vibration issuess?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Just swapped mine and called SWMBO and she said it was night and day difference, about the same as my Range Rover Vogue with Parrot fitted.Took 15 mins inc melting slots to accept the mic like factory fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts